We've just returned from 10nights holiday at the Centara. We had one of the lovely plunge pool room on the beach front. Fantastic view from our bed which was framed in between 2 tree trunks. The weather was a bit hit and miss as it's their winter and the resort is situated on the east of the island, which gets the wind (nice in the summer but not so great in the winter), the resort is pretty new and I have to say it's lovely. The staff are all wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them. I would particularly like to thank Avinash and Previn our housekeeping guys, splendid job on our room, thank you! Ramesh was marvellous and is becoming world famous on trip advisor! Preety and the other lovely guest relations young lady (I'm so sorry I have forgotten your name). Bernard the assistant F&B manager is so lovely, nothing is too much trouble for him along with the bar manger and all the bar staff. We had our anniversary while we were there and the staff went to so much trouble, in the restaurant and in our room. Centara need to take good care of all of these guys as they are a credit and asset to you! I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel, my advice would be to make sure you were all inclusive as there is very little around the complex and drinks can be expensive both in the bar/restaurant and in the mini bar in the room. We had a lovely time and thanks to everyone at the Centara for making our holiday a very memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives