The island is undergoing renervation and all the public venues have been upgraded. The villas were a little 'tired' but perfectly acceptable and these are next on the upgrade list but we expect the price will go up once it is all finished.
The service and food were exceptional and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. There is an evening of cocktails when you can meet the management and have your say on your experience. The snorkelling was wonderful, especially off the back of the dive centre and was guaranteed to swim with white tipped reef sharks and all the usual tropical fish.
The package value was unbelievable being the ultimate all-inclusive package which really was all-inclusive. Food, beer, wine, cocktails and soft drinks were all in the price along with 3 trips and a daily half-hour session at the spa.
There is a choice of 3 restaurants as well as the general restaurant and all were very good. We had a beach villa which had it's own decking area and beach front with sun beds and a few yards down to the beautiful lagoon. An exceptionally relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives