A beautiful island with amazing service. Kris and the management team made our honeymoon with their dedication to ensuring our holiday of a lifetime was just that. The food is exceptional in all three restaurants as is the service.(need to be organised in booking the restaurants though as quickly book up) The inclusive daily treatments are a real treat as are the included excursions. Their ultimate all inclusive is such a great idea and something that I think is quite unique to the Centara Grand in the Maldives. We stayed in both a beach villa and a deluxe water villa. The beach villa is a nice two story villa with a quirky outdoor bath and shower which is cute. The room was a little tired looking but the amenities were exceptional, great to have a fully stocked all inclusive mini bar each day. The deluxe water villa was in a different league though and I would strongly recommend pushing yourself to this, it is a lot more expensive to upgrade in resort than at booking stage so plan ahead if this is something for you. The panoramic views of the sea throughout all of your villas windows was magnificent and the quality of the rooms and amenities were just luxurious. This made our honeymoon as the private deck meant you didn't need to see anyone else apart from leaving to eat and have treatments- pure bliss!
We will definitely be looking to book again in the future and would highly recommend this resort.
There is building work going on at the moment that our travel agent forgot to tell us about. The whole lobby area and one of the bars are out of use. As you can see above this didn't end up being a huge annoyance but initially it upset us and I would recommend booking once it is all finished, then the resort would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone. With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families. There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives