Arriving in Centara Grand in the Maldives, either by boat or seaplane, is like stepping on to a little piece of heaven. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel special, part honoured guest, part family friend.
We have stayed in both beach and sea villas and each has one thing to offer. The beach villa has sand and shade from trees, the sea villa is totally luxurious and sits on the reef so you can swim or snorkel from you own front door.
The house reef is excellent with a myriad of tropical fish and the occasional turtle. We were lucky enough on both our visits to see and swim with the vast and incredible Whale Shark.
The restaurants serve a variety of cuisines. Each is excellent and the food is always fresh and interesting. The bars, which appear to float over the water are an excellent spot to sip a cocktail and watch the activities of the Manta Rays and Pipe Fish.
There is a wonderful spa, diving and water sports centres and a cool and airy library.
Sadly we are leaving Centara today. We will miss the delightful and courteous staff. We will dream about the delights of Centara in the months ahead. This is our second visit. If we are lucky we will return to Centara for the third visit next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone. With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families. There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives