This is definitely a piece of paradise.
Initially I thought that being on such a small island for 2 weeks would give me cabin fever but the more time went on, the more relaxed you become. We stayed in a delux water villa which was large and well equipped. There was a double jacuzzi bath but we never used it as it took so long to fill and the slightly brown water did put us off slightly! The separate shower was more than sufficient.
The staff were friendly and helpful and were wonderful with the children.
The choice of restaurants was good and the food in the a al carte Italian was particuarly impressive (particularly the steak).
Free daily spa treatments were the icing on the cake - just in case you weren't already chilled enough!
The inclusive trips were an opportunity to see the island from the sea and to come into contact with some of the local marine life of which there is plenty. Swimming with a 15 foot whale shark will take some beating.
The staff at the watersports centre were great. Always willing to help with windsurfing lessons, taking you out on the banana boat or helping you with the pedaloes or kayaks.
if you ever wonder if the pictures you see are real, then they can be seen to be true at Centara. White sand, palm trees and sea of an undescribable colour.
I'm not sure any future holiday destination will live up to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone. With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families. There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives