We arrived in Male at 8.05am from Sri Lanka, very easy and fast customs, and Baggage claim was a breeze. We were met by the Centara Representative as we came out of the Airport and were then taken the Sea Plane check in desk to weigh our suitcases. After a short bus ride we arrived at the Sea Plane Terminal. The Sea Planes have set departure times and ours was leaving at 9.45am, via one other island to drop a few others off.
Once we arrived in Centara, it looked like paradise. A Dragon Boat met us at the Plane Pontoon, and took us to the Reception. The Boat Ride was only 5 minutes, if that. Once on the Island, we were met with a welcome drink and a cool towel. The reception staff were excellent, including Sathish the Front Desk Manager who said we could go to our Villa straight away, as it was ready. We choose a two bedroom pool villa as we had our 13 & 16 Yr old Children, and we were not disappointed, it was very spacious, well laid out and had its own pool, we even had the beach in front to ourselves. The best Villa’s are 1-4 as these have a larger area of beach.
We stayed for 7 Days and I’m sure we had 7 days of Spa Treatment; this is something we must recommend, as soon as you arrive take a walk to the Spa to book your Treatments, and if you don’t know what you want, request to leave the option open.
For evening meals we ate in both the Reef and the Azzuri, if you want to book a table at the Azzuri, take another short walk to the Restaurant at 12 noon to ensure you get a table. Please remember that you can walk around the island in 5 minutes, so it won’t take long to walk anywhere.
The food was lovely in both, and in particular the Beef Tenderloin in the Azzuri. Lunch time meals are recommended by our Daughter, she said it was her best meal of the day!!. For Breakfast you can help yourself to a glass or two of Moet Champagne to have with your Bacon, Sausage & Eggs.
Everyone in the resort were so polite, the Gardeners, Barmen, Waiters and Waitresses and the Staff at the Reception, nothing was too much trouble. It even seemed like they knew us all, by name and how many was in our Party.
There was nothing we could fault with the resort, we all had a wonderful, relaxing time and would recommend the Centara Resort to anyone, we were only sad to leave and say goodbye.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone. With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families. There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives