My husband and I stayed here in 2011 and returned for a quick week's break the beginning of Feb. Again this resort failed to disappoint us -
Food - buffet was as good as we remember it and great choices for all meals with a superb selection at breakfast. The waiters are amazing and ours even remembered us from 2011! The Thai is a memorable as our first trip and could not wait to return here for this reason and they did not fail to deliver! On our last visit the Italian was turned into a fish restaurant and became very unpopular, we did not enjoy the meal when it was a fish restaurant but had heard great reviews from when it was an Italian - we were however disappointed. Tepayaki, as good as I remember however the menu did see the same!
Rooms - we again stayed in a beach villa, normally when we visit the Maldives we stay in Water Villas but with this resort there is no need. It did look as though the accommodation could do with a re-fresh.
The entertainments guys we lovely chaps, certainly knew they enjoyed their work - perhaps just a shame that not many people participate in evening activities (apart from crab racing). The band that plays every evening are amazing and I really think they all have talent, they were there on our last visit.
The Island have moved to luxury all inclusive, you need to make sure you ask for a Gordon Gin and Tonic as it is not automatically given, this I think for now is due to those who booked before it became ultimate all inclusive. Was disappointed on the amount of cocktails offered, those that were once AI were now chargeable.
Apart from my small winges, both my husband and I love this resort – the staff are amazing, the island beautiful. It meets our every wish for a relaxing and effortless holiday and will return again…. Perhaps later this year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, TravelUp, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives