The Centara Grand Island is a great location for a 7-10 day getaway.
Getting to the hotel from Male in a Twin Otter sea plane was a fantastic part of the holiday and the views are stunning from 5,000 feet. The Maldives are truly spectacular.
Like most, the hotel is on a small island which itself is surrounded by a stunning reef. Many other hotels come to visit this reef but it was never “crowded”. The diving/snorkeling is the best I have ever experienced (that includes the Barrier Reef). Fantastic marine life includes a vast array of fish, reef sharks (harmless), rays, turtles and squid. Each evening the fish are feed by the staff and we counted six rays one evening.
We stayed in a beach suite. The suite was very roomy, comfortable with a nice bed and bathroom. Being right on the beach under the palm trees made this very relaxing. We had the "Ultimate" Inclusive package which gave us all meals, drinks, mini bar drinks, boat trips, snorkeling equipment and a 30 minute daily session each at the spa. I would not go for the normal all inclusive. People complained about the lack of "all inclusive". The spa was a great treat and the masseurs very good. This is a good package and I would recommend it.
Along with the environment the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were excellent and a credit to the hotel. Nothing was ever too much trouble and any request was dealt with quickly, efficiently and with a smile.
I am sure there are similar places in The Maldives but I am glad we chose The Centara. Great for couples and families alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Prestigia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives