What more can I say? We have been back 4 days and my head is still there!!! The Maldives are absolutely beautiful and the Centara resort was perfect. This was our second trip to the Maldives. Myself and my husband originally visited the Maldives 10 years ago for our Honeymoon and stayed at Meeru so didn't know what to expect 10 years on but we were very impressed and found it hard to leave. All the staff made us feel so special. They were all very friendly and regularly asked if they could do anything o make our visit any better. We couldn't think of anything. Before we even arrived I had regular correspondence with Doi who was always prompt and very helpful. She arranged a few things surprises for my husbands 40th and everything ran smoothly(thank you so much Doi). we stayed In a Delux water villa 87 with island club and it was great. Fantastic views of the ocean and our room boy Henry cleaned our room 2-3 times a day and brought a fruit bowl on arrival and set the bed with flowers for my husbands birthday. we had wifi in our rooms and it is now complimentary as is the mini bar which is replaced everyday with island club.I would recommend Iskand club if it is within your budget as you are made to feel really special as they bring you drinks rgularly as well as cold towels round the pool etc.mI do think without island club that you will still find everything just perfect. We had a day on our own island which was the Robinson Crusoe trip. we were there all dat and we had a huge amount of beautifu food and drink, we had a mobile phone I case we wanted to come back early which we didn't need and it was the most amazing experience, quite expensive but worth it as a special treat. The fish and sharks are beautiful. You will definitely need an underwater camera, even though you often see them from the decking and as you walk along the beach. It rained a couple of times while we were there and the staff made you feel relaxed in the bars and they had entertainment to keep us occupied which was great. I could go on and on. We are already recommending Centara to everyone we see since our return. Book it you won't be dissapointed!!!
Kristy and Nick Noble
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Prestigia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives