We are on our last day of our 3 week holiday in the Maldives and we opted to stay in just one resort, we didnt want the upheaval of packing and unpacking. The Centara Grand is a fantastic place to stay, especially if you have family. There is plenty of reef area to snorkel, pools and clubs for them to be occupied at all times and shattered at the end of the day. The food is great and the staff are the thing that make the Island so fantastic. The resort is kept immaculately clean and tidy. If you can you must visit the spa it is sensational and we were lucky enough to have a gold package which allowed us a 60 min spa treatment everyday - uter bliss.
As I contemplate packing I know when I get home and unpack there will be Moldavian sand in some of my shoes and I know i will be in no hurry to knock it out, that way I can come back to the beautiful beach as often as I like.
So a huge thankyou to Hamish and his staff and all the girls at the Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives