Returned from Centara 2 weeks ago and the diving was great. Did 15 dives in 2 weeks, all different sites. Took all my own kit and it was prepared and cleaned each trip professionally. All the staff, especially Imran and Samir, we're knowledgeable and very experienced. No Manta or Whaleshark, but plenty of shark, turtles, tuna, barracuda, jacks. The highlight was snorkelling off the island and seeing a guitar shark and black tip about 10 metres from us at about 3m.
House reef is excellent and the house wreck which I dived twice, good fun.
Boat leaves at 8.30am for 2 dives and then again at 2.30 for one dive. The morning dives are 30-60 minutes away and vary from small/medium island reefs to longer drift dives.
Water temp was 26-29 and my 3mm long wet suit was perfect for me. It is quite costly at an average of £40 a dive, but well worth it.
Island itself is great. I have 2 kids so it was perfect and they loved it. Food was excellent, staff attentive and professional.
Our beach villa (no. 109 situated with dive school to our left and club island to the right as you look to sea) was lovely. Cleaned daily and an evening call each night to see if we needed anything.
It's a great resort, but it is a shame (for us) that they are putting the prices up approx. 30% as it is going premium all-inclusive. Premium drinks, spa and diving all included at no extra cost. This changes the island from an affordable family resort to a more expensive premium holiday, which is no way out of our price range. We would love to go back, but won't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives