We were lucky people to stay 7 nights in this All Inclusive resort. It is in a beautiful location at 30 minutes by plane from Malé aiport. Unfortunately we had to wait for 3 hours at the terminal from Maldivian Airtaxi ( who was responsible for the delay). Centara arranged a meal and drink for us while waiting, which was very nice. At the resort we stayed in a deluxe sunset bungalow ( no.58, perfect view), spacious, clean and nice, but the maintenance and the sleep quality could be a bit better.Service was outstanding everywhere, very nice and friendly people. Twice a day housekeeping and clean towels.This was what really made the difference, together with the high standard ( for All Inclusive) of the excellent restaurants, especially the Lotus (Thai) with his fantastic set-menu every lunch and dinner. Housewines and cocktails included in The All Inclusive concept were also above average. The Azzuri Mare restaurant was a bit a misfit in our opinion; very expensive, no extra value. The housereef was at your doorstep and we spended many hours snorkeling. We were impressed by the variety of fish and colours, although the coral is not too colourful. Take care when it is low tide, you easily damage the coral and yourself! The resort is very nice situated in a quiet area, you can see only a few small resorts in the distance. Over all a very good 4 star accomodation with 5 star service and perfect value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives