“food at ness gardens cafe/restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ness
More attraction details
Owner description: The superb gardens at Ness on the Wirral Peninsular, overlooking the Dee Estuary were founded in 1898 by Arthur Kilpin Bulley; a Liverpool cotton merchant with a passion for gardens and plant collecting. Today the stunning 64 acre gardens have won a succession of awards including Large Attraction of the Year for Cheshire and Liverpool City Region and coveted RHS Gold Medal display garden at the RHS Flower Show at Tatton Park. The Horsfall Rushby Visitor Centre provides a warm welcome to this Cheshire Garden of Distinction. Ness Botanische – display garden by TV presenter and garden designer Chris Beardshaw and Making Waves garden by award winning designer Pippa Probert. Our newly launched restaurant The Garden Kitchen serves quality locally sourced food along with the Garden Grub kiosk in the garden. An extensive events programme runs throughout the year.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I must warn anyone visiting the gardens to take your own food .
My wife and I had a meal on Thurs 31/8/14 and were not impressed .
I had beefburger with chips and salad and complained about the size of the burger as I thought I had been given a childrens portion . In addition the beefburger was dry and overcooked and burnt . We will not eat there again .

Director-Ness_Gdns, Director at Ness Botanic Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

I am sorry that you had a bad experience in the Garden Kitchen. Your comments have been passed to the catering manager and I understand actions were taken during your visit to endeavour to address your dissatisfaction. We value customer feedback in order to improve our service and I trust that should you return you will find the experience altogether more positive.

There are newer reviews for Ness Botanic Gardens

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Recently attended a wedding at Ness Botanic Gardens. Location was absolutely stunning, food was lovely and the staff did an amazing job on a very hot & humid day! A very big thank you to the manager who very kindly went out of his way to give us a lift back to our hotel when we were let down by our taxi.

1  Thank SammyG131

Thank you for your kind comments - we are delighted that you enjoyed your special day with us. It was my pleasure to get you all safely back to your hotel...albeit your legroom in the back was a little shorter than usual due to the dog crate in the boot! Thank you for your generous donation, which has been given towards the upkeep of the garden.

Hope to see you at Ness again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Brilliant day had by 16 kids & 7 adults. I am disabled & was having a particularly difficult day and the staff could not have been more helpful. I had not pre-booked a motorised scooter but they let me have one and I was able to get around most of the attractions. Loads to do for the kids and £3.00 entrance fee for each kid was well worth a whole day out. Beautiful weather and surroundings and plenty to do all day. Very well organised, just brilliant!

Carole J

Thank you for your positive review of our Children's Fun Days. We are delighted that you enjoyed the event and all it had to offer. We have three electric mobility scooters which are free to hire and for future reference you can call us and reserve one in advance.

We are planning further improvements to visitor access in order to improve your overall visitor experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was our first visit to Ness Gardens. It was Children's fun day today so there was plenty to do. We really enjoyed our visit and I will be back soon.

Thank you for your review of our annual Children's Fun Day, it is a great event and it is very important that we welcome both families and especially young children to Ness whom we hope will become keen gardeners in their lifetime.

We have a range of activities suitable for our youngest visitors throughout the year, so check out our What's On listing for further details online.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Visited Ness Gardens for the first time at the weekend for the wedding of Jules and Ian. We had a wonderful day in this beautiful setting helped by the weather. I wanted to say a big thanks to the staff especially the manager (I think - the very kind gentleman in the back office) who was patience personified with lots of tired and weary guests at the end of the day. He ensured that everyone made it home in one piece despite taxis not appearing etc - above and beyond the call of duty!! The food was great and all of the restaurant staff kept smiling through the intense heat....thank you to you all.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with regard to Jules and Ian's wedding here at Ness - it was a great day and celebration. It is unusual for pre-booked taxi's not to show up but it was my pleasure to take you all back to your hotel when I became aware you had been left stranded! We look forward to you visiting Ness again in the future.