“Special experience”

Los Pingos Horse Riding
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Godoy Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe in equestrian tours as a way to know a wonderful animal, the horse, and at the same time to interact with our culture, the gaucho life in the mountain and other people of the world.We like to share our traditions through the guitar and singing around the bonfire after a delicious “asado”.Activities:½ day - Full day - Sunset - Full Moon
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely farm.
The horses were so easy. well trained and beautiful. Anyone can do this. Sunset was fantastic.
BBQ and guitar show by the knowledgable guide made it very cozy local experience.
It gets very cold after sunset. Bring your best jumper,hat, gloves, scarves are must!
Highly recommend :)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had never been on a horse since I was a kid, and then only on a pony that was led around by a rope. I was a bit nervous, but Gaby and Carlos were very attentive and reassuring, giving lots of help and good advice. The scenery was gorgeous and the asado (Argentine style barbeque) after the riding was delicious. Guitar playing and singing around the fire afterwards was lovely way to end the evening. Bring warm clothes as it is very cold after dark.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the highlight of my entire trip. I signed up for horseback riding, and was greeted with what has been the most amazing time in my life thus far.
Gaby and his crew picked us up from our hostel and drove us out to the ranch. The scenery was beautiful and the bits and pieces of conversations we shared along the way was informative and brought this group of strangers closer.
When we arrived at the ranch, the air was fresh and crisp, and it made the bone-chilling weather, all the more inviting. Make sure to bundle up, because the night was undescribably freezing.
Everyone there was inviting, and Gaby (our guide and cabalgata) showed us how to get on the horse and to get them to listen to us. how to steer and how to stop, etc.
We took a 2 hour ride into the sunset. The scenery is something you need to check for yourself. Pictures cannot do it justice. Feeling one with your horse and the connection with the earth, is such an amazing experience.
We arrived back on the ranch during nightfall, pitch black with nothing but a roaring fire, guiding us back to tie up our little friends, our beautiful horses. Running into the outdoor compound, the generous people spoiled us with an as ado, meats of all kinds grilling, leaking the aroma of its juices into the ice-cold air. They showered us with never-ending glasses of wine, staining my tastebuds with love. After dinner and fruits, we gathered around the fire as Gaby played his guitar and we all sang together as one. Laughs and new friends, the best experience ever.
Gaby is great!!!!

1  Thank Bobbie S
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a must. It's brilliant value for money. You get picked up and dropped home at your hostel/hotel. Horse riding for 2/3 hours (depending if your horse likes to stop and eat, like mine :-)) in the stunning mountains. Followed by a wonderfully delicious meal and all you can drink wine. Then songs and guitar playing round the fire. Great day! If you feel the cold bring lots of warm clothes as it gets really cold at night.

1  Thank JessicaRabb
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I went for the horse riding followed by the dinner - and really really enjoyed myself.
Horse riding was easy and the horses seemed healthy and well cared for. It is a little bit of a shame that the riding is only walking and no trotting or anything - but once you are on the hills you realise why because its really rather rocky. But it is a lovely relaxing trip to take, views are beautiful and sunset from the hills is lovely.
Dinner was great - meat cooked and seasoned to perfection. Could have done with maybe some more salad and vegetables but was great all the same. There is bottomless wine available but me being me I dont like wine - maybe they could provide an alternative or at least give a chance for you to buy some before leaving mendoza. The dinner is cooked by the family on the farm so it all feels very authentic. Sitting round the fire with a guitar after was a really nice way to round up the day.
Its nice that the farm where the horses are kept is part of a charitable foundation which during the week is an activity centre for children with special needs - it includes a petting farm. I know that the tour company provides the food for all the animals for keeping their horses there, so you feel also like the tour company (and basically your money) is giving something back to the local community.
Gabi is a really great host - friendly, helpful and can thankfully play guitar as none of us could. Thank you for a great afternoon!

2  Thank Natalie M