“Evening dining”

The Boat House
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Neston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: On the RSPB nature reserve, The Boathouse in Cheshire is a cosy haven for nature lovers and foodies alike. Wholesome British classics sit alongside fresh fish and shellfish favourites. Warm and inviting, the traditional pub restaurant is full of character, and features wood panelled walls, beamed ceilings and open fireplaces.
uk
“Evening dining”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good atmosphere, lovely food, great staff, Food really good but find it a little expensive having to add the price of veg to dishes. Wine good with average prices per bottle which is fine. This is still one of my favourite restaurants.

Visited October 2012

Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice food, service a bit hit and miss”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went in one lunchtime for something to eat and a few drinks. The waitress came and took the order for the drinks and when they eventually came, she had bought the wrong drink. A different waitress came and took the food order and when the food came it was spot on - I had the pizza which was excellent. I then ordered another drink, and as of yet am still waiting for it..... It never turned up, yet it did show on the bill!! So to sum up, food is great, service a bit hit and miss.

Glossop Derbyshire uk
“Lovely place”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff fantastic food and beautiful views. Good menu with plenty of choice.would recommend.

Cheshire
“Terrible food and poor management”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We decided to try the boat house pub/restaurant last weekend on a visit to chester for my birthday. We thought due to the lovely riverside location and the nice welcoming interior it was bound to be nice but how wrong we were.
Although the meal came out quickly, it was very disappointing. My partner ordered chicken goujons which were clearly striaght out of the freezer. I ordered fish and chips, the fish was all batter, the mushy peas were neither mushy nor peas just a blob of dried up green stodge and I could've rung the oil out of the chips so much so that there was a puddle of it on the plate! When I didnt eat the meal and complained to the waitress she said she would have to speak to the manager about my disappointment, she quickly returned to adivse that the manager had offered a 'free scoop of ice cream to make up for it'. We were absolutely disgusted and offended at this as offer. We unfortualtely then had to pay full price for a meal I barely touched. Beware of this terrible restaurant - save your money and eat elsewhere!!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank HLW2012
“Great place to take a loved one to eat a meal or have a deink by the river with romantic views”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Absolutely lovely staff who were very friendly, accommodating, polite and catered to our needs. The young man who served us was called Jon, who made sure we had a table which catered to our needs. He was very helpful when recommending a wine and finding an option for my husband with allergies. Definitely welcomed to friends and family and we will definitely return.