“Lovely Place”

Torten
Ranked #16 of 22 Restaurants in Fermoy
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a lovely place with nice food at very good prices, Was very happy with what I got and if I am in Fermoy again, will definly pop in again. Staff were very friendly and nice and place is nice, spacious and relaxing. Great variety of food, coffees, teas, desserts.

1  Thank ElleBi

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been here about 3/4 times and the only reason I went back in here was because wanted to get something quick and this place was handy in a small town with very little other choice!

The food, usually, a totasted sandwich and fries or soup is usually quite nice, the food is not the let down here!
The staff are lazy, rude, not a bit pleasant and not one of them know anything about customer service! Each time I was there, you always got the sense of grubbyness when you walked through to find a table. Most of the tables are full of used plates, and have bits of leftover salt, sauces, spilt tea on the used tables. Once seated and waiting on the food, I notice the staff just keep walking back and forth past the dirty tables and go back behind the counter to continue talking or maybe "serving" another customer.

Lastly, the food is very expensive for what it is, for the way it is served, for the place it is served in....just simply overpriced and not a bit acceptable!
I have just been lost for words each time I have been in here, I need to stress, I have not been back in here for about 8 months (people have told me it is still the same) and I will not be going back, I have found much nicer, CLEANER places!

2  Thank Totalamnesia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This location had been the Plumbing Shop owned by my Great Grandfather, so on a recent visit to Fermoy we stopped in to check it out. Upon entering we were warmly greeted, I was interested in exploring the building, my Wife and Daughter were immediately drawn to the food displayed. Although we had not planned purchasing anything they quickly put together a selection which became a great picnic lunch which we enjoyed later that day. The food looked fantastic, sometimes with food what the mouth experiences is far less than what the eyes promised, but the food from Torten both looked great and was a treat for the mouth as well. It should be noted that I am a retired Fine Dining Chef, specifically noted for having exceptional food.

1  Thank MO4975678910