“Exceeded all expectations!”
Review of Ballyvolane House

Ballyvolane House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fermoy
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved everything about the Ballvolane house. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. If you love a great bath then this place is perfect for you. We slept very well! The dinners are well worth the experience. Food is fresh and delicious. A great experience to enjoy dinner over candle light with the other guests. The service is excellent! This was a highlight of our trip and we hope to return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverRealEstate
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you very much for staying and dining with us. We really enjoyed having you here and I will share your kind comments with all the gang here. We hope you will come and see us again the next time you are holidaying in Ireland.

Thanks again and please keep in touch.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked accommodation and dinner for girlfriends birthday but was delayed leaving Dublin so rang ahead to see if cancelling dinner reservation was an option, was told it was no problem and to take our time. On arrival, at about 9.30pm, I was immediately confronted by the Owner who said that they had lost money on us cancelling the dinner as they had already bought the food and "hired extra staff" for us... I explained that I understood the margins small business work at and that was why I specifically rang ahead and was told by their staff that cancelling dinner reservations was not a problem at all, they still insisted I was in the wrong. I went to bed fuming and didn't go back down into the house that night as it was now awkward.

I must say the rooms were great, we had a superb sleep and breakfast was good the next day.

This is a nice place but the reception we got certainly made a bad impression.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank patindublin_12
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Patindublin_12,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I would like to assure you that your experience is not typical of how we normally welcome our guests to Ballyvolane House.

When you phoned us that afternoon and asked about dinner, we did say that canceling dinner would not be a problem. However, how we left it was that you agreed to phone us back to let us know if you did not want dinner here that night. As you did not phone us back, we took it that you would dine here so we prepared dinner for you and kept on the extra staff. When you arrived and informed us that you had already eaten, we were very surprised. We always make every effort to check if our guests are dining here as we only have 6 bedrooms and it makes a big difference to us.

I am glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast and we very much appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My fiance and I traveled all the way from Chicago, only going by pictures online and word of mouth recommendations. When I saw the house in person it was better than I could have hoped for. Justin & Jenny were lovely hosts. The food was probably the best that we had in Ireland. We couldn't stop eating, it was so delicious. The only issue was my wedding dress being a little snug.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different personalities. Some of the bathtubs are old school with no showers, so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Joann & Dustin,

Thank you so much for having chosen Ballyvolane House as the location for your wedding. I know it was a big leap of faith with you both living in Chicago and we are delighted the wedding was better than expected! Thanks again and many congratulations.

Please keep in touch.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending two nights in Ballyvolane House with my Husband this August. To put is simply everything from the minute we were welcomed through the door until we left was fantastic! We loved the garden view from our room. The polish was all the little touches like homemade cookies and ribena on the bedside table, a turn down service at night and a fire in the room 2 seconds after you sat down, sadly necessary this August!!

However, the icing on the cake was the dinner in the evening. We had two beautiful meals where the fabulous food and wine was enjoyed in the fantastic company of fellow guests. Ballyvolane is Irish hospitality at its best; genial hosts (Jenny and Justin) and fantastic food in an incredibly warm friendly atmosphere. Have already booked family in to enjoy a stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sinead1601

Dear Sinead1601,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for reviewing us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will share your feedback with all the gang here at Ballyvolane House.

Many thanks again and looking forward to having you back to stay again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

i attented a wedding here last week and i have to say it was perfect from start to finish. The appetizers to start were bruschetta, smoked salmon blinis with creme fraiche and chive, mini fish cakes with chili dipping sauce. They were served with champagne and elderberry juice .... delicious.
The setting is divine between the gardens and the bar area and reception marquee.
The starters came to the table on platters and share me style blue willow bowls with plently of them.
The main was striploin of beef with bernaise sauce. This was the only negative comment I could make... maybe a peppercorn au jus? but thats just me personally :)
The veg and potatoes and salad from the garden were divine.
Dessert was lemon tart with summer berries and cream ...delicious.
As a caterer and pub owner myself I have catered several events and weddings in Toronto and I am always looking to be wowed in Ireland when I visit.
Well I was very impressed.
We stayed in nearby ballintelly house with Ann ... a wonderful woman and had a beautiful breakfast the next day.
I came back home and was pleased to see you guys advertised in the local magazine here irish connections through tourism Ireland.
I will be sending any Canadians going to Ireland to see you and I have told all my Bantry friends.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Maeve Mc Carthy
Mc Carthys Irish Pub
Toronto

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hurlingtoronto

Dear Maeve,

Thank you very much for reviewing. Delighted you had a great time and enjoyed the food so much. I will share your kind comments with all the team here. Ballinterry House is a gem and Ann is a fantastic host.

I hope you will visit us again the next time you are visiting Co. Cork.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were invited to a wedding reception in Ballyvolane House in July 2012. It's definitely the best wedding venue ever; the settling was sublime, food delicious, staff solicitous & atmosphere magical.
There's an other-worldly feel to the place, particularly the lush gardens with twinkling lights & the occasional brush of a friendly dog's tail.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed the wedding. It was a very happy couple of days and we really enjoyed having everyone here.

Thanks again and please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We visited Ballyvolane in mid-May 2012 as guests at a wedding.
We - and all the wedding party - were delighted with the house, the grounds, the exceptionally good food and charming and efficient service. We'd strongly recommend Ballyvolane for a wedding or simply as a place to stay. There is a lot to see nearby, not least Lismore Castle and gardens.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Highgate43
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Highgate43,

Thank you very much for staying and reviewing. We enjoyed having you all here and I am delighted you all enjoyed the wedding. Lismore Castle Gardens is pretty special and is a 'must-see' during a stay here.

Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Justin Green
Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermoy
The Grand Hotel Fermoy
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore

Been to Ballyvolane House? Share your experiences!