“Lovely location for a wedding”
Review of Ballyvolane House

and 1 more site!
Ballyvolane House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fermoy
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My fiance and I traveled all the way from Chicago, only going by pictures online and word of mouth recommendations. When I saw the house in person it was better than I could have hoped for. Justin & Jenny were lovely hosts. The food was probably the best that we had in Ireland. We couldn't stop eating, it was so delicious. The only issue was my wedding dress being a little snug.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different personalities. Some of the bathtubs are old school with no showers, so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Joann & Dustin,

Thank you so much for having chosen Ballyvolane House as the location for your wedding. I know it was a big leap of faith with you both living in Chicago and we are delighted the wedding was better than expected! Thanks again and many congratulations.

Please keep in touch.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending two nights in Ballyvolane House with my Husband this August. To put is simply everything from the minute we were welcomed through the door until we left was fantastic! We loved the garden view from our room. The polish was all the little touches like homemade cookies and ribena on the bedside table, a turn down service at night and a fire in the room 2 seconds after you sat down, sadly necessary this August!!

However, the icing on the cake was the dinner in the evening. We had two beautiful meals where the fabulous food and wine was enjoyed in the fantastic company of fellow guests. Ballyvolane is Irish hospitality at its best; genial hosts (Jenny and Justin) and fantastic food in an incredibly warm friendly atmosphere. Have already booked family in to enjoy a stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sinead1601

Dear Sinead1601,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for reviewing us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will share your feedback with all the gang here at Ballyvolane House.

Many thanks again and looking forward to having you back to stay again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

i attented a wedding here last week and i have to say it was perfect from start to finish. The appetizers to start were bruschetta, smoked salmon blinis with creme fraiche and chive, mini fish cakes with chili dipping sauce. They were served with champagne and elderberry juice .... delicious.
The setting is divine between the gardens and the bar area and reception marquee.
The starters came to the table on platters and share me style blue willow bowls with plently of them.
The main was striploin of beef with bernaise sauce. This was the only negative comment I could make... maybe a peppercorn au jus? but thats just me personally :)
The veg and potatoes and salad from the garden were divine.
Dessert was lemon tart with summer berries and cream ...delicious.
As a caterer and pub owner myself I have catered several events and weddings in Toronto and I am always looking to be wowed in Ireland when I visit.
Well I was very impressed.
We stayed in nearby ballintelly house with Ann ... a wonderful woman and had a beautiful breakfast the next day.
I came back home and was pleased to see you guys advertised in the local magazine here irish connections through tourism Ireland.
I will be sending any Canadians going to Ireland to see you and I have told all my Bantry friends.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Maeve Mc Carthy
Mc Carthys Irish Pub
Toronto

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hurlingtoronto

Dear Maeve,

Thank you very much for reviewing. Delighted you had a great time and enjoyed the food so much. I will share your kind comments with all the team here. Ballinterry House is a gem and Ann is a fantastic host.

I hope you will visit us again the next time you are visiting Co. Cork.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were invited to a wedding reception in Ballyvolane House in July 2012. It's definitely the best wedding venue ever; the settling was sublime, food delicious, staff solicitous & atmosphere magical.
There's an other-worldly feel to the place, particularly the lush gardens with twinkling lights & the occasional brush of a friendly dog's tail.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed the wedding. It was a very happy couple of days and we really enjoyed having everyone here.

Thanks again and please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We visited Ballyvolane in mid-May 2012 as guests at a wedding.
We - and all the wedding party - were delighted with the house, the grounds, the exceptionally good food and charming and efficient service. We'd strongly recommend Ballyvolane for a wedding or simply as a place to stay. There is a lot to see nearby, not least Lismore Castle and gardens.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Highgate43

Dear Highgate43,

Thank you very much for staying and reviewing. We enjoyed having you all here and I am delighted you all enjoyed the wedding. Lismore Castle Gardens is pretty special and is a 'must-see' during a stay here.

Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

No they didn't pay me to write this review! just read it

Our son married his beautiful Irish bride here near Ballyvolane and our large group of family and friends stayed both in the house, in Lismore and the surrounding area. Justin and Jenny arranged every detail of the reception from the eve of the wedding through the wedding day and evening party through to the hog roast the day after. We were all so very impressed by the standard of everything they did, the food was fabulous,the accommodation excellent and all their staff superb, the grounds and garden stunning. They were all extremely attentive and wanted to make sure every detail was perfect and it was.

Alison and Edward

Room Tip: You don't need one all are superb
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edward S

Dear Alison & Edward,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying. I am delighted everyone had such a great time and we were delighted to have hosted the wedding here. The weather even behaved as well. I will share your kind comments with all the team here.

Thanks again and please keep in touch.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent a glorious evening in Ballyvolane House. Beautiful setting, gracious welcome and stunning sunshine.
Best part though was having dinner in their restaurant in Lismore, O'Brien's Chop House. Another great welcome followed by brilliant Pig's Tails and excellent TBone for two.
Simple setting with local produce allowed to shine through. Can't get better than that!
Definitely worth at trip to both the house an the restaurant. (We didn't have dinner in the house but those who did said it was excellent.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reasted

Dear Reasted,

Thank you so much for staying and reviewing. Glad you enjoyed you stay as well as the grub at O'Brien Chop House. I will shared you kind comments with all the team here and at the Chop House.

Thanks again for your support and I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermoy
Castlemartyr Resort
#1 of 2 in Castlemartyr
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Ballyvolane House? Share your experiences!