“Excellent”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Fermoy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great restaurant in a town that doesn't have many decent places to eat! Not on the main street so it would be great to let tourists know that it is there.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food was very good. They had one vegetarian offering, which I enjoyed. Service was fine, though we were there in a bit of the early dinner hour. My none vegetarian dinner partner said her meal was very good. A bit pricey.

2  Thank Gil S

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Visited here recently with members of my family for a mid-week lunch get-together.
While I appreciate that a lunchtime policy of "cooking to order" will incur a certain delay in proceedings,but rostering 2 relatively young & inexperienced girls to handle the lunch-hour rush is bordering on lunacy. While I cannot fault the quality of the food.. I found the service to be very poor..mainly due to the fact that these girls were completely overwhelmed. Received a fishcake lunch when I ordered a battered fish n chip, and while bringing this to the attention of the waitress all I got was a shrug of the shoulders, having waited long enough to get anything to the table I just accepted it as I wasn't in the mood to wait another 20-25 mins for it to be corrected. Having finished our meals we couldn't get the attention of either waitress to order coffees or even clear our plates away as they were now both taken up with a pre-booked party of 10-12 people. We paid and left to go somewhere else for coffees & desserts
Such a pity as this place appears to have the makings of a fine restaurant, possibly only needing some good management to inject a little customer service into the running of matters.

1  Thank schatzlibabe
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic dinner for a group of 4 with different tastes 1 veggie. Perfect meal with fresh local produce well presented accommodating staff and excellent service. Definitely a worthwhile trip to visit!!!

2  Thank loopylouireland
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had lunch at this restaurant a while back, with some friends and got the best surprise I have had in a restaurant for a long time. The food was absolutely excellent. The menu was quite interesting and varied and the presentation was what you might expect to receive eating "haut cuisine" for night time dining - top notch! The service was equally good, the surroundings clean and bright and modern. We spent quite some time at our table afterwards and were made feel welcome to stay as long as we wished. I was attending a funeral in Mallow and had been trying to source a place nearby, to meet some friends for lunch. The most convenient location for everybody was Fermoy, but I wasn't familiar with anywhere to dine there, so I consulted "Trip Advisor". That is how I located "The Forge" and my friends were seriously impressed with my find!!!

1  Thank Leprachaunswaterford
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Had an early bird here recently and it was delicious! 3 courses for €24.50. Service was excellent also and we were given plenty of time at our table to relax late into the night.
One recommendation I would have is that they should put a fish dish on the early bird, the only fish related dish was a pasta dish, most menus would have one fish dinner option.
Highly recommend dinner here.

1  Thank Angelaspangela