“Terrible Thai!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Thai Lanna Orchid
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Fermoy
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Terrible Thai!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I used to eat here quite a bit and before it changed hands and used to enjoy it. I got a takeaway one night recently and ended up throwing it out, which I never do. I got chicken instead of prawn and the red curry sauce looked awful, like it had curdled... I rang and left a voicemail but heard nothing back. I called in a couple of days later for a refund , which was a first for me, but I felt I had to let them know how bad the food was. I got refunded and won't be going back again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Gerard O, Owner at Thai Lanna Orchid, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Curious as to review postings on here of late as I know for a fact that several of our customers have left favourable reviews for us but they are not showing up on our page......I actually witnessed a customer writing a review at her table (Dec 19)and its not on our restaurant page.There is a 4 week period in which we have had no reviews on our page and I know that customers are sending reviews in as they have asked me why their messages are not being shown.....We are rated as #2 with more favourable reviews than the #1 rated restaurant with less reviews,......how does that work?Regards,Ger and Kit.

Ireland
“Beware - changed owners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I loved this place...even took a cooking class there. however it's changed owners recently and the food is terrible...i even threw out some of my take-away (which i just don't do). however, some of my friends still like it so everyone to their own. Prices came down a lot from the previous but so did the quality

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank early30_irish_male
Edmonton, Canada
“Thai in a pinch.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

I really enjoy Thai food and was disappointed by the lack of fresh choices. Sticky sweet sauces and fried rice are not my idea of fine Thai cuisine. Staff is great and tried hard to cater to my 4 yr old about to melt down. Kitchen was a bit slow too which added to the 'crisis'.

1 Thank kreggly
Gerard O, Owner at Thai Lanna Orchid, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
This review was written long before(3 years!) my wife and I took over....we have worked very hard to get our restaurant to present level(see reviews from July 1).Seems very unfair to see such a negative review still in a prominent position on Trip-advisor.....Thanks,Ger and Kit.
ireland
“Tasty food, lovely atmosphere, good prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

Really good Thai food, very tasty, decent portions. The restaurant is decorated really well and there's always a nice atmosphere. There's an upstairs area which is great for groups. Prices aren't bad, not cheap but worth it for good, fresh food.

1 Thank bookworm79
Cork, Ireland
“if you didnt before, you'll love thai food coming out of here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

really tasty food in a non-pompous restaurant with real thai waitresses, Food is really good value and the whole dining experience is great, once you're not into over the top showiness.

1 Thank IrishGirl-late20s