“Stank of smoke”

Corbett Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Fermoy B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room stank of cigarette especially around the bed, and the road is just outside the window which is unrestful but does quieten at night, the staff were helpful at breakfast and when I asked could they control the heat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Butan356

Reviewed July 29, 2013

While on a trip to Cork last Wednesday we stopped at Corbett Court for Breakfast. We couldn't believe the value a full Irish Breakfast Tea & Toast €5 each amazing value and portions not small 2 rashers 2 sausages pudding beans and egg.
It was gorgeous would recommend it to anyone if on the motorway to cork it is definitely worth getting off the motorway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We dine here a few times a year and have always been satisfied.

The chicken curry is exquisite, I have yet to taste a better curry! Very generous portion sizes, in fact if anything the portions are too big!

Desserts are absolutely out of this world. As far as I know all are served on a large plate with ice cream and warm chocolate or fudge sauce.

All the staff are always very friendly and pleasant and always get our order correct without even writing it down.

It is ideal for families and children are made to feel very welcome with a kiddies menu and free toy.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone seeking luxury. It is basic, cheap and cheerful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a fantastic dining experience. Great quality home cooked Irish food with modern a la carte. Nothing wa too much trouble. The staff were twentieth all the time. They even provided us with food not on the menu without hesitation. All this on a very busy Bank Holiday Monday

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived in the Hotel on Friday night at around 7.30 and were booked in by pleasant young man and made our way to our rooms. The room itself was spacious and looked clean but on closer inspection was a little disappointing. The curtain lining was falling off as it had deteriorated and been left threadbare due to the sun. The base of the bed was badly stained and needed replacing. We left the hotel and did not return until 12.15., as we approached the door we saw a young girl look out, lock the door and walk away. Despite seeing us approach she did not return. We continued ringing the bell but it took us another fifteen minutes to gain entry. We eventually made our way to the bar and got our drink. The small bar is filthy. As a former publican I was disgusted. My jacket stuck to the bar counter and the bar background was starting to fall apart. In one area they used old stick on contact to cover it up. The brass foot bar was never cleaned and my feet were sticking to the floor. The lady behind the bar had no interest in serving us preferring to talk to one of the locals. I could not finish the drink it was that bad. The following night at around the same time the door was opened immediately after ringing the bell by a young barman come night porter who was friendly helpful and did all he could to make us feel at home. Had I not met this young man I would have nothing good to say about the place, I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the back as the traffic noise will keep you awake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Eugene1959
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was passing through town for work and this was an excellent experience.
Huge room, very comfortable beds, lots of hot water / water pressure in the shower, free wifi...
Bartender was particularly friendly. I had lunch in the restaurant, the grilled Irish salmon is fantastic. The only thing I would say is that I wish there were more healthy options on the huge menu. Taking a taxi to Kilworth cost me 12 euros, though, which is absurd. The guy must've ripped me off because of my American accent.

Room Tip: Room 245 is big with two twin beds, but faces the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank IvanCDG
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed for 1 night on my own and found the rooms very comfortable and very big
staff were very friendly and the food was excellent
Room had 1 double and 1 single bed
I will use ths hotel again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermoy
The Grand Hotel Fermoy
#1 of 2 in Fermoy
Abbeyville House
Abbeyville House
#1 of 8 in Fermoy

Been to Corbett Court Hotel? Share your experiences!