“Finally found true quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Cavan, Ireland
“Finally found true quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

Delphi is a great place, we loved it. Our room was perfect huge with great views. We loved the food and had 2 great walks. The staff were so great, friendly efficent, and totally caring. We cant recommend highly enough. Thank you to all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

The hotel is nice and the location is beautiful but I found their website misleading. I would not call the hotel luxurious. The room we had was TINY as was the bathroom. I really don't think bath products were organic but they do smell good. No separate bath or robes and the bed was VERY small, a double I guess. It was very clean though. The food was GREAT but I was served room temp white wine and had to request ice cubes! I also think the coffee at breakfast is instant but there was no problem accomadating my request for an americano from behind the bar. Hotel very busy with 3 large and noisy hen parties as well , which was not what we expected. Overall it was nice especially if you enjoy the outdoors. The kayaking was fun too, but might be annoying if you are already an experienced kayaker. If you want a relxing spot for outdoor adventure delphi is nice but I thought the accomodation was a bit of a let down. Also no swimming pool or room service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

I can honestly say the setting for Delphi Mountain Resort & Spa is stunning. We have just
spent a weekend in this great hotel, where you can have a weekend of pampering in the spa, a full on adventure or simply combine both which is what we did. The hotel is surrounded by mountains, so the view from our very comfortable bedroom first thing in the morning was spectacular. Following a trip to Louisburgh on Saturday afternoon, we returned to the hotel and had a great walk through the woods behind, followed by a beer on their terrace in the sunshine. Dinner was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend, a simply delicious menu.
I will and I have already recommended this hotel for a great getaway weekend, whether it be with a few friends or as a couple, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Myra/Dublin

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

myself and four of my friends have just come back from an amazing weekend in Delphi. We had a few drinks in the bar when we arrived then retired to our incredibly comfy beds to get a good nights sleep, the rooms are so quiet , the only noise to be heard is the signing of the birds in the morning. We're not the sporty kind but managed 2 hours of Kyaking on Saturday morning, we were really lucky to have a beautiful sunny day and we got to see Killary Fjord in all her glory. Our instructor AJ was lovely and very knowledgeable about the local history and geology. In the afternoon we headed off to Lousiburgh for a gorgeous lunch followed by a walk on Cross beach , its truly spectacular and worth the 20 min or so drive from Delphi. We ate in the restaurant in Delphi on the Saturday night and I have to say my steak was one of the best I have ever had! There really is nothing like a nice meal and wine with friends after a day in the sun!
The staff in Delphi are incredible, I travel a lot in Ireland and I have to say I think they are the friendliest I've come across. I'll definitely be back and will do the high ropes and zip wire next time. I cant wait!

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

Travelled to Delphi at last minute as flights abroad cancelled. Well it's hard to beat Ireland when sun shines from dawn to dusk in the beautiful surroundings of the Delphi resort. Our cosy room was quite spacious with magnificent views.
Dinner was excellent included in our package as was the breakfast which was the usual buffet fare. The high cost of dinner at €50 meant we ate out the second night. Evening was chilly pity no fire lighting to create a better atmosphere.
Spa was good and massage excellent. We weren't told at desk that we could do outdoor activities we thought they were just for the school centre.Only saw that when we got home. However we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the area in glorious sunshine,so quiet it's amazing.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

Sitting looking out at the rain today having just returned from Delphi last night where we were lucky to have had the most amazing weather for this time of the year!
Arrived Friday evening to the Spa and had a wonderful relaxing massage to kick start the weekend.
Had a lovely dinner in the restaurant that night and following a chat with one of the girls on reception we took her advice and following a relaxing nights sleep headed off on her recommend hour long walk at 6.30 am (even met her out on the trail!)
Breakfast was wonderful - excellent choice and plenty of staff to keep the food topped up and fresh.
Had booked in for the morning activities and ended up in a group with 7 others and our leader Conor. We took to the high ropes - Oh my God - never had any experience of this before and was terrified - BUT I DID IT!!!
Conor was teriffic, encouraging us all and for a group of 9 who had never met before there was a great sense of achievement and team spirit among us.
We move on to archery and again had loads of fun though I have plenty of bruising after my pathetic attempts.
Took a drive out to Westport in the afternoon and came back for dinner again that evening. Busy night in the restaurant (Sat March 27th) but the girl in charge was efficient, pleasant and calm (when many more would not have been!)

There is very little negative feedback I can give about my stay here. I was impressed at every level. Are the rooms a bit pricey - maybe but I certainly felt that I got my money's worth, you cannot put a price on such scenery, calmness that surrounds and cheerful helpful staff at every turn. We booked a suite and to be honest spent very little time in it (though it was spotless and I couldn't fault it) as there is plenty to see and do around the grounds and the area in general.

Some of the staff did not have name tags - that would be my only complaint actually as there are some that shone out for me and I cannot name them!
We will be back - next time with the 4 boys in tow (we have promised them a trip there before the summer has come and gone) so we may see the expensive side then:-) !!!

I think that the hospatility industry in Ireland is finally reverting back to the old ways of being welcoming and friendly (something that had been missing for a while ) but it is in abundance in Delphi.
All I can say is - give it a try, don't let age stop you from the activities, keep an open mind. Walk through the mountains early in the morning, relax, unwind and enjoy all that Delphi has to offer

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Donegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

Delphi Mountain Resort, located in the West of Ireland. This is a fabulous Adventure Centre and Spa, lots of activities like, hill-walking, Jacobs Ladder, Archery, Cycling, Absailing, lots of opportunities for photographs, and a fabulous Spa. The staff are so friendly and helpful, couldn't meet nicer. The building is bright, lots of space, very well maintained, decor is modern and some of the building is fairly new, I loved it. The food is excellent, very tasty, well presented and not over the top in price
The Spa is superb, I spent a day in it, the Thermal Suite is spotless, in here you have a big jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, this is where you can relax before treatments, I went for the Eco-Escape, it was just soooooo good, all the details can be found in the brochure, I can highly recommend it.
My husband and my son (14) went out on bikes, they also went and did Archery where they met and made new friends, had lots of laughs and would go again, next time maybe try a few more different activities.
You do need to bring hiking boots or at least shoes that are comfortable for walking, some of the walks may be muddy, warm clothes are needed, as the weather can change quickly enough. You'll find all that information in their brochure. There is no TV, no Radio, and phone signal is weak to none at all. There's no need for them when you want to get away from it all, this is the place to do that.
You need to check availability well in advance of your stay as it is a popular place at different times of the year. They also hold Summer Camps, check brochure and contact reservations, also if you're planning a spa day or treatment book at least 2 weeks in advance of your stay.
The staff are really very friendly and helpful and will do their best for your stay.
Email : [--]

******I have selected "Fitness Centre" below but it's not your usual, it's the great outdoors, no machines.*****

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Connemara Sands Hotel & Spa
Clifden Station House
Westport Coast Hotel
Westport Coast Hotel
#4 of 14 in Westport

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!