We stayed for a 3 night package in July with our 3 children, 11, 9 and 7. Delphi excels at providing a range of family adventure activities with a better than average hotel experience. We tried most of what was on offer including rock climbing/abseiling (on a new tower), high ropes, sea kayaking and archery. The older kids will enjoy the Kayaking, Coasteering and Bog Run activities - seeing the whole family emerging from the bog covered head to toe will be something you will never forget! There is a new Aerial Assault course which will test your head for heights which we didn't try and will save for next time. The whole setup was professional and well equipped. The hotel was a haven to return to after the activities and we found the restaurant and bar staff to be pleasant and welcoming. The restaurant food was excellent. We found it perfect for a short stay. There are plenty of accommodation options, we had a family room with bunk beds that could take four children and 2 adults in one room. It is not a large hotel so be sure to book early to get the room type you want. Intentionally there is no TV (and mobile phone coverage is poor) so we reverted to spending some time in the games/reading room which was a welcome break from the norm. There are also Spa treatments on offer to help soothe aching muscles. Don't forget to take midge spray for the outdoor activities. The scenery here is stunning and Delphi would be one of my must go to places in Ireland for an up market family break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From warm Irish hospitality to exquisite food, outdoor adventure to ultimate relaxation, Delphi Resort is the place to escape to, to enlighten your lust for life, awaken your senses and truly embrace Ireland's magnificent landscape and scenery, all from the comfort of the 300 acre resort. Delphi Resort is located in the heart of the scenically breath-taking Delphi Valley, near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland. With its stunning scenic location, Delphi is a world apart and a haven for romantic getaways, special occasions, adventure-filled family holidays and wellness escapes. Situated just 10 mins from Leenane, Connemara, 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City, Delphi Resort is surrounded by magical scenic drives along the Wild Atlantic Way. If looking to explore the area, Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park are located just 30 mins away, with Louisburgh and Croagh Patrick just 20 mins away - making Delphi Resort the perfect base for those that want to get settled at the resort and for those that like to travel and see the sights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delphi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Hotel Delphi Mountain