Stayed there recently for a weekend break. The hotel boasts a beautiful location, enclosed by snow-capped mountains on all sides – and the abundance of windows throughout the main building and the guest rooms captures this perfectly! It’s also a great base for exploring local attractions – we visited Kylemore and Diamond Hill, Letterfrack during our stay, and the journey to get to Delphi is an attraction in itself!
We stayed in a basic double room – no TV, but that was fine with us! There was a balcony and full-sized windows on one wall with great views over the mountains.The bathroom was clean and well-fitted, with a good shower. The bed was warm and very comfortable, and the room was a pleasant temperature. Our room was in a courtyard a little removed from the main hotel, so was completely undisturbed by noise from the corridors/neighbouring rooms, and was pitch black when we turned off the room lights. Got a great night’s sleep!
Have to rave about the restaurant, where options are limited, but the food is all delicious and locally-sourced. And excellent value, with a choice of three courses for €32.50 or two courses for €27.50. Given the quality of the food, we were very impressed with our meal overall. Again, I was very impressed with breakfast, which is not the usual breakfast buffet, but a choice of several made-to-order dishes – full Irish, pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs – along with a self-service buffet of fruits, cereals, juices, breads, etc. and some sweet accompaniments (muffins and cookies)! The restaurant runs very efficiently, with a friendly manager and very pleasant waiters and waitresses.
Also, the spa was very busy while we were there, and we arrived in at the end of the day, but they were still very accommodating and let us use the thermal suite for the last twenty minutes of the day – the sauna and steam room were great. The staff in the spa seemed very friendly, and I’d recommend trying to book in advance to make sure you get in, to avoid disappointment on missing out!
I should probably add as a warning to others that we were completely uncontactable for most of our time there – I had no phone signal, but there is good wifi in the reception/restaurant/bar/library areas.
All in all, I have been raving to all my friends about what a lovely escape from reality our stay at the Delphi Mountain Resort was – it was like being in a luxurious foreign hotel for the night – and I can’t wait to go back and stay for an extra few days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From warm Irish hospitality to exquisite food, outdoor adventure to ultimate relaxation, Delphi Resort is the place to escape to, to enlighten your lust for life, awaken your senses and truly embrace Ireland's magnificent landscape and scenery, all from the comfort of the 300 acre resort. Delphi Resort is located in the heart of the scenically breath-taking Delphi Valley, near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland. With its stunning scenic location, Delphi is a world apart and a haven for romantic getaways, special occasions, adventure-filled family holidays and wellness escapes. Situated just 10 mins from Leenane, Connemara, 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City, Delphi Resort is surrounded by magical scenic drives along the Wild Atlantic Way. If looking to explore the area, Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park are located just 30 mins away, with Louisburgh and Croagh Patrick just 20 mins away - making Delphi Resort the perfect base for those that want to get settled at the resort and for those that like to travel and see the sights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delphi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Hotel Delphi Mountain