“Amazing weekend here”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked in for the weekend not expecting the experience we ended up having. We were blessed with good weather but the location of the resort is absolutely gorgeous. The view from our balcony was jaw dropping. From start to finish the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The spa area was fabulous. The food was top notch and we ate in both the bar and restaurant seperate nights. The bar was cute and cosy and the bar man sean (I think.. few months ago now) was lovely with lots of knowledge of things to do and places to go in surrounding areas. Have been raving about this place since. Will defo be returning :)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee J
Bryan902, General Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear DeeBrad

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are delighted that you had a good experience and really appreciate you sharing it.

Sincerely

Bryan and Delphi Team

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I won a trip to Delphi for 2 nights and took this break in early November. This was the low season and there were soon to close up for winter.

On arrival the staff were really nice greeting us warmly and asking about our trip and where we had come from. I appreciated this as too often I've found other hotels to be 'all business' on reception. Then another member of staff showed us to our room, a great touch.

The room was really nice and we had a balcony with a lovely view of the mountain. No tv's here! but you will get a docking station for your ipod. Tea coffee and all the usual is provided. However unlike other hotels, the iron, hair dryer etc is not wired in (if you know what I mean) making it feel more like home (i think!)

Food - we had our meal and were the only ones in the restaurant, staff were good maybe a little over attentive. The food was ok but not great not so bad as I felt the need to complain just nothing special and my starter (duck pate) was particulary lack lustre.
Breakfast was good, 5 stars for the banana bread! Bar-food wise the cajun chips were mighty spicey but delicious with a few drinks.

Drinks- Only two offerings on Draught, Canadian something or other made by coors which was.. Wet. and Guinness. We stuck to guiness.
BUT the Guinness ran out on the last day, hey nobodys gonna die of thirst! but maybe they could have forseen this and had a keg on stand by...

Activities- I didn't do any but did go for a gander at a group doing all the fun stuff and it really looked great, would love to try all those another time.

Spa - Tried their thermal suite and it was heavenly, would have loved a pool also..

Surroundings - You are in one of the most beautiful landscapes Ireland has to offer and Delphi is right in the heart of that without imposing on it, I loved that and even in November it was fabulous.

Overall I felt relaxed and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerrie0
Bryan902, General Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hi Kerrie0

...well there is never a good excuse for running out of Guinness even in the beautiful Delphi Valley! But I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and its great to here that you appreciated the natural and authentic (Unscripted!) style of service that we provide here at Delphi.

Sincerely
Bryan

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Delhpi Mountain Resort is like heaven on earth and it really was an escape from reality for a weekend. The staff were AMAZING, the food was yum, the activities were brilliant, the scenery was like a postcard, I'd go back there tomorrow, in fact, I'd live there. I really want to visit again in winter, can only imagine how cosy it'd be. If you are thinking about going, don't hesitate, just GO!

2  Thank grandantor
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is an unusual review in that i am writing to commend Delphi Mountain Resort for their generosity in giving food, accomadation and meeting rooms to a large group of Mountain Rescue teams who were searching on a near by mountain for a missing hillwallker. The search took 4 days and was in very poor weather conditions. Delphi Mountain Resort opened their facility to be used as a base for the men and women conducting the search offering hot showers, food and a place to rest after a long day upon the mountains . They also offered meeting rooms and all their facilities at a time when they were busy tending to guests as it occured during a busy school midterm. They have shown an extraordinary committment to service, not only paying guest but also to those at a time of need. So well done to the management and staff at Delphi Mountain Resort. Go raibh mile maith agat!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank susan f
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have just come back from a long weekend a Delphi with two small children. It can be a nightmare to go to a hotel with two noisy boys but it was fabulous. Set in a beautiful location, the staff a Delphi Mountain Resort and Spa couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Excellent food, excellent service and comfy beds.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EleanorH74
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I visited Delphi last weekend with a group of work colleagues, and from start to finish I enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were amazing, the hotel itself is gorgeous, the area and scenery is unbelievable and I had such a great time. The level of service was second to none and throughout the weekend we were treated like kings and queens. We all left Delphi on Sunday not wanting to go and we've been talking since about how we wish we were back there! It felt very special and the experiences I had will stay with me for life. Being carried along by a wave through a dark cave (I didn't mean to rhyme there) after plucking up the courage to jump off the side of a cliff, kayaking in a spectacular fjord on a calm and clear Sunday morning, even when I was knee deep in muck, in the middle of the bog I was so happy. The food was fab, and there wasn't a moment when I wasn't enjoying myself. We became so friendly with the staff from the moment that we arrived, that we were laughing and joking with them for the whole weekend. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face! I would recommend this place to anyone. When I went onto their page here, I did what everyone does and I had a look at the bad reviews. I felt like I was reading about a different place, because nothing could be further from the truth in my eyes. I think for people who go onto websites like these and write bad reviews, the fact that they had a bad time is more down to them than anything else. So don't mind those eejits! I know that the group of people that visited Delphi will share a collectively amazing experience that we can hold onto forever... Until we visit again! I'm already looking forward to my next stay.

1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have used trip advisor for many years and many trips and you could say I've used it selfishly in that I've never written any reviews myself but this past weekend the experience I had at Delphi Mountain Resort has spurred me into action. It is rare, extremely rare to find a place which ticks all the boxes, somewhere when you're leaving you can't think of a single thing you'd change. Firstly the location is stunning - as you travel along the last 5 miles you can literally feel yourself decompress and when you arrive you find a beautiful low set stone building that blends beautifully into the natural beauty that surrounds it. When you enter Delphi you're immediately greeted with a beautiful fireplace with a cosy fire lighting and a bright airy reception area. The predominantly wood surrounds are calming and the welcome is warm and friendly. From the first moment the staff couldn't have been any more helpful - we were a group of 12 friends and our rooms had all been chosen nearby. We had a variety of room types -the 2 bedroom suite where I stayed was fabulous -as was the loft suite, the luxury suite and the single rooms we had taken . The fact there is no mobile phone reception whatsoever & no TV's in the room was a welcome escape from the techy world and it meant that people genuinely interacted and got to know one another better without the distraction of texts and beeps going off every two minutes. There is wifi in the common areas where people could check in if needs be but people soon became used to not thinking about it. I visited the spa twice. I had a wrap with Linzi and a deep cleansing facial with Eileen and I really enjoyed the experience. The spa is beautiful with a fabulous thermal suite with superb views from the Jacuzzi and lounger areas. Rose was fantastically helpful and informative when it came to choosing products and I left fully armed with a new skincare regime. Overall my stay at Delphi was fantastic - and I will most definitely be back. If you're looking for a fabulous break away from it all in beautiful surroundings with lovely staff then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
7 mi away
Lough Inagh Lodge
Lough Inagh Lodge
#2 of 2 in Recess

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!