Spent the mid term October break with 2 adults and 4 kids at Delphi .
If its a get away break from the general threadmill this is a very good choice.
The site is located in a stunning mountain side location, circa 8 miles from Lennane and 55 miles from Galway. The scenery in all directions could come straight from a highlights of Ireland brochure.
The hotel itself is best described as quirky. A mixture of The Hobbit meets Mayo Ranch, a nice comfortable interior with intimate bar and restaurant areas. We stayed in a family room for 6- which was much too small for our family. The duplex suites were more generous but were not offered to us at booking. I would suggest a variation in package offer should be considered.
The main difference of this site is the youth hostel and activity centre on site, they appear to pre-date the hotel and greatly added to the feeling that this was an adventure break. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities offered- it made the holiday.
Restaurant food was top quality locally sourced food- top marks.
We didnt use the Spa.
Generally a relaxed break in the open air.( No mobile signal or TV, even the kids liked this after a couple of days)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From warm Irish hospitality to exquisite food, outdoor adventure to ultimate relaxation, Delphi Resort is the place to escape to, to enlighten your lust for life, awaken your senses and truly embrace Ireland's magnificent landscape and scenery, all from the comfort of the 300 acre resort. Delphi Resort is located in the heart of the scenically breath-taking Delphi Valley, near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland. With its stunning scenic location, Delphi is a world apart and a haven for romantic getaways, special occasions, adventure-filled family holidays and wellness escapes. Situated just 10 mins from Leenane, Connemara, 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City, Delphi Resort is surrounded by magical scenic drives along the Wild Atlantic Way. If looking to explore the area, Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park are located just 30 mins away, with Louisburgh and Croagh Patrick just 20 mins away - making Delphi Resort the perfect base for those that want to get settled at the resort and for those that like to travel and see the sights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delphi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Hotel Delphi Mountain