We spent the last weekend of our little girls summer holidays here after winning a wonderful prize on the radio.
We arrived in Delphi on Friday after the long drive from Dublin in miserable weather. At first glance the hotel building is an impressive sight and reminded me of something from a fairytale. It has a beautiful curved roof and appears to be built from the same rock and wood that surrounds it. On entering the hotel we felt an immediate sense of calm and tranquillity, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They simply couldn’t do enough for us and took extra time to speak with our daughter who at 5 can sometimes be quite shy. We were guided to our room and very nicely surprised by how spacious and luxurious it was. We had a separate living and sleeping area combined with a patio looking out into the stunning views of the Mweelrea Mountains. Our little girl squealed with delight when she saw the enormous bath tub and indeed everything from the double headed shower to the lush toiletries stood out.
Despite the weather we got the wellies and rain macs on and headed out around the outer perimeter of the forest grounds to have a look at all the different activity points. This was a real adventure and something our daughter got great delight from. We completed the evening with a wonderful host in what can only be described as a panoramic dining room and a delicious meal which only left us to roll back to our bedrooms and sprawl on our princess and the pea bed. Needless to say we slept like babies.
The next morning after a lovely breakfast we headed out to tackle a mornings activities. Our daughter was collected for the young adventurers club and did everything from crab fishing to arts and crafts which she loved. Meanwhile we donned the necessary wetsuits, got ourselves looking suitably ridiculous, built a raft and sailed out to sea! We spent more time laughing than rowing and generally had a ball, between being accompanied by another lovely family and our super instructor I just couldn’t fault a thing about it. The instructor even managed to persuade us to jump off the pier into the bay at the end of the morning which was a real thrill. That evening we opted not for a formal meal but for some bar food which hit the spot perfectly. We finished the evening with a nice bottle of wine and a spot of star gazing, the closest thing to heaven on earth.
With huge reluctance we left Delphi on Sunday morning, without a shadow of a doubt we’ll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From warm Irish hospitality to exquisite food, outdoor adventure to ultimate relaxation, Delphi Resort is the place to escape to, to enlighten your lust for life, awaken your senses and truly embrace Ireland's magnificent landscape and scenery, all from the comfort of the 300 acre resort. Delphi Resort is located in the heart of the scenically breath-taking Delphi Valley, near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland. With its stunning scenic location, Delphi is a world apart and a haven for romantic getaways, special occasions, adventure-filled family holidays and wellness escapes. Situated just 10 mins from Leenane, Connemara, 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City, Delphi Resort is surrounded by magical scenic drives along the Wild Atlantic Way. If looking to explore the area, Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park are located just 30 mins away, with Louisburgh and Croagh Patrick just 20 mins away - making Delphi Resort the perfect base for those that want to get settled at the resort and for those that like to travel and see the sights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delphi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Hotel Delphi Mountain