“We love Delphi but....”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here and we had a really great time both times. But some of that might be because we got Supervalu rate! on the plus side the location is amazing and rooms v nice especially the balcony with table an chairs looking out to the lake an mountains. On the down side the food is only ok at best both main meals of our one night stay had to go back an we are not fussy eaters one was so burnt it was inedible an one was cold. We had to wait a very long time for the food also. Our complaint was dealt wiv very well by the lovely barman though! We weren't the only ones to complain about the food either. Also the place needs a bit of sprucing up - the flower boxes on the balcony are in desperate need of tlc and really detract from the place and the woodwork around the place is in need of treatment. It is a shame thatin the height of summer that the balcony is only used as a smoking area. It smells so bad that it would put you off having a drink or eating outside. It wud be better if smokers were asked to smoke elsewhere. The gravel areas ouside could do with some tlc. We enjoyed the spa and seaweed bath. Will def come back but the place needs a bit of work on terms of kitchen and outside decor.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Josken
delphimountainresort, Owner at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Josken,
It’s always a pleasure to welcome back a guest and thank so much for putting up your review. I really appreciate all the feedback you’ve gone to the trouble of writing. I’m very happy to read you loved the location and rooms. However I’m very disappointed to hear of your complaint in relation to the food. I investigated your complaint as soon as reading your review and I can only apologise and express my deep disappointment as we and others usually rate ourselves so highly in this area. From our locally sourced products, to our vast array of homemade offerings such as our delicious granola, smoothies and breakfast selection.
I appreciate your critique on our outdoor area. Currently our aim is to fit in with the local landscape of natural flora and fauna but we’re taking your suggestions on board and see if we can meet somewhere halfway perhaps. The flower boxes on the decking are filled with herbs at present but maybe it would be more pleasing to the eye if they were colourful flowers.
I do hope you come back to us sometime soon and get to enjoy our amazing cuisine properly.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed in Delphi with my wife for one night in July2011, as part of a deal we got online. It was a lovely relaxing stay and the surroundings are absolutely stunning. Delphi offers both spa luxury for adults and a huge range of outdoor activities for all ages, with children and adult activities organised daily.
If you want a luxurious romantic getaway for two, or an activity filled family break, I highly recommend Delphi Mountain Resort and Spa.
Least I forget I must also mention the friendly staff who gave us a wonderful recommendation for dinner in Portfini Lodge in the nearby Leenane village.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear brooks 232,
Thanks so much for your fabulous review of the Resort, Spa and Activities here in Delphi! I’m very happy to read such a positive review and am delighted you have such praise for us. The staff are also thrilled with your mention of them so thanks for that!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Pros:

•Stunning location
•Great room
•Good choice of activities
•Wonderful food
•Peaceful and relaxing
•Majority of staff very friendly

Cons

• Room very dark; no natural light in our suite

•Wrong price on Internet of 169 for luxurious double suite: was charged 179 pps

•One lady in particular at reception, although would help with a query, had an air of being annoyed by our questions. When leaving she said goodbye but never looked up.

•midges very bad- bring repellent

•Drink and food expensive

•No reception for mobiles and using phone in room very expensive

•If busy, u will not get to use complimentary jacuzzi, sauna, steam room in spa area. Mainly for paying guests.

• More shower and bath products would be good

• Stayed: August 2010

Dear Iwdew1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of us here in Delphi Mountain Resort. I’m very glad to read of all your positive feedback and thank you for including that.
However, I’m extremely disappointed to read your cons. I appreciate all the feedback and we are currently reviewing and addressing each point.
Some of our bedrooms are surrounded by trees which although beautiful and natural, can sometimes block the light, particularly if it is a dull day. We are in fact looking at removing some of these trees in order to improve the situation but are taking advice in terms of safety and from a environmental point of view of course.
We have investigated your comment on the wrong pricing on the internet and cannot find the source or cause for this but I assure you this is the first and only complaint we’ve ever experienced in this regard but none the less have instructed our internet consultants to continue a full and thorough examination to try and detect the cause and prevent it from happening again.
Unfortunately due to our amazing and unique location surrounded by the Mwelrea mountain range and our own 400 acre forest behind the resort, we cannot control the midges which we sometimes experience in the summer nor the lack of mobile coverage due to the mountain rage, however the lack of mobile coverage we and the vast majority of our guests would rate as a pro  in line with the relaxing atmosphere!
I do apologise if you were made to feel like a nuisance at any point in your stay and this is the most upsetting for me of all your comments due to the fact that we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and get so so much positive feedback from guests in relation to our amazing staff members.
Just for your (hopefully!) next visit to us, as well as providing each person staying with shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, facecloth, shower cap, vanity pack of cotton buds & cotton wool, we do also have more miniatures behind reception such as shaving kits, toothbrush & paste set to name a few in case guests forget theirs.

Thanks again for your extremely valuable feedback and hopefully you’ll come back and see us again and have a fabulous experience like so many of our guests!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed in delphi for two nights in july, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bedroom was very comfortable and had a nice balcony area. Lovely bathroom with plenty towels. No tv which was a surprisingly nice change! so peaceful. We had a gorgeous dinner here both nights, breakfast was without fault too. Good choice of cereals juices smoothie and cooked breakfast. We went kayaking one morning which was good fun, had a lovely massage and spent some time in the thermal suite in the afternoon.
Would definitely recommend this to anyone, there seemed to be mostly families during our stay but the kids were all kept entertained and didnt cause too much disturbance!
Can't wait to come back.

Dear fionat,
I’m delighted to hear such positive feedback on your stay and am hugely grateful to you for taking the time to write this post. Thanks so much and can’t wait to welcome you back to the Resort!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We spent last weekend at Delphi Mountain Resort as a base for exploring Connemara and Mayo and had a brilliant time.

The room was nicely designed and surprisingly luxurious for somewhere that caters for a lot of activity - oriented travellers. I also had a massage at the spa which was good and strong - a good unwinder after a long journey.

We ate in the bar both nights - a burger and predictable steak - both excellent - juicy and generous portions . I tried to book the restaurant on the Saturday night but it was booked out which I suppose ios a good sign.

We mainly used the resort as a base for exploring rather than an end in itself and it is well situated if you're planning a day trip up to Westport or Achill or down to Galway.

It's a cool spa vibe in the place - lovely wood and leather and candles with spectaclur views all round and friendly non - intrustive staff.

The one caveat is that you should be sure to pack instect repellent. They were swarming in the humid weather but we were well warned.

Room Tip: Families are in the main part and couples / singles in the annex which seemed tro be quieter.

Dear NickCostello,
Thank you so much for your fab review! I’m delighted to read how highly you rate us and appreciate all the really positive feedback! I hope you enjoyed exploring Connemara and Mayo during your stay with us! I’m really sorry to hear that you weren’t able to experience our fabulous Restaurant but glad you got to tuck into some of our delicious bar options!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The first thing that hits you when you arrive at Delphi is the beautiful location. Rolling hills and (perhaps unusually!) blue skies and sun greeted us after the long drive from Dublin.
My partner had booked in a massage for after our arrival, however after some car trouble we were running late. Despite this, after phoning ahead, the masseuse very kindly stayed late to honour the booking.
We stayed in a luxury double room which was beautiful, spotlessly clean and with an extremely comfortable bed.
We didn't eat in the restaurant, instead choosing to eat in the bar, which was delicious and accompanied by some very nice wine.
We chose to spend our days driving around the surrounding countryside instead of taking part in any of the activities - but would certainly like to try some out next time.
The breakfasts were fantastic - with a great selection of fruit, and some of the nicest bacon I think I've ever had!

All in all, I couldn't recommend the place more - lovely staff, great food and wine, a fantastic spa, and the most stunning setting you could imagine.

Dear stu1smith,
Huge thanks for your fabulous review! We really appreciate it and can’t wait to welcome you back (and hopefully convince you onto some of our amazing Activities!!).

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My friend and I had a perfect break in Delphi Mountain Resort. The setting, landscape, vibe, staff and ethos enables one to totally relax and unwind. The rooms were spectacular and so quiet that I had the best sleep ever.The resort was spotlessly clean. The staff were so friendly and went out of their way at every opportunity to be as helpful as possible.
We had a beautiful three course meal and wine in the restaurant that I couldnt rate higher The breakfast was unique as the food was Delphi's own produce ( check out their own granola which was to die for!).
We didnt have time to enjoy the spa and thermal area but the friendly staff were happy to give us a tour so it will be on myagenda on my next visit.
Overall, we were totally satisfied with our rejuvenating and truly unique experience in Delphi Resort and plan to return in early Autumn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ccarty37

Dear ccarty37,
Thanks so much for your amazing review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much and really looking forward to having you back here in Delphi Mountain Resort again soon!
Rory Concannon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Abbeyglen Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cong
Westport Coast Hotel
Westport Coast Hotel
#3 of 13 in Westport

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!