“Delicious Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I were passing through Leenane and we stopped off at the Blackberry Cafe. I thought there was a very good selection of choices on the menu but we both had some fresh and very tasty seafood. I had some perfectly cooked calamari that was simply delicious. It was very busy while we were there but overall the the service was good and the staff were very friendly. We will definitely call again the next time we pass through.

• Visited May 2013

Germany
“worst staff ever”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

we went there after a recommendation from the host of out B&B and were very disappointed.

the place was crowded and noisy and it seemed that two people in hiking clothes were more like a nuisance than welcomed (paying!) customers.

We were shoved into the last free table and from there on it only went downhill:
* the (first) waitress was not able to grasp the concept of "I want my tea WITH my food", we got it after we finished with the main course
* she also forgot to ask my GF which sides she wanted
* after the starters the second waitress asked both of us which sides we wanted, I repeated my order and my GF ordered a salad
* soon after the first waitress returned and asked me about my sides

The duck I had for main course was tasteless and nearly burned, the fish&chips of my GF were nothing special (beside the price!).

People on the other tables around us were asked if they liked their food by the owner(?), we were completely ignored and even had a hard time to get the bill.

waitress #2 dropped the bill while passing us and collected the money in an equally hounded manner. Only to be followed by waitress #1 three minutes after that which wanted us to pay AGAIN?!?

• Visited May 2013
Sunnyvale, California
“Irish down-home cookin'”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Sean and Mary Hamilton have been the owner/chef of this restaurant for 20+ years. We stumbled in here by accident after being a Kilary Sheep Farm and Kylemore Abbey. We found the welcome warm, the conversation enlightening and the food delicious! It was a true joy!

Visited May 2013
“Refreshing”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have stopped in Leenane several times whilst driving through Connemara but this is our first time to visit Blackberry restaurant-we will be back! This small village was well in need of a modern establishment serving delicious food and Blackberry certainly delivers! We were fortunate to visit on a gorgeous summer's day so decided to eat outside-only downside is that you're practically on side of the road but scenery is so beautiful you soon forget about the passing cars. My boyfriend had the burger and was very impressed and my smoked salmon open sandwich was very tasty. The staff are so friendly and chat away to each customer like they are regulars. We look forward to coming back!

• Visited June 2013
Co Kildare
“Beautiful Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I Brought my family to the Blackberry Restaurant last weekend as I had previously dined there
before. We were given a table at the front over looking the beautiful Killary harbour. We all had a mix of dishes, from scallops,duck,chicken & the hake & it was all beautiful. Also presented very well. My sister is a vegetarian & her was raving about her dish! The staff were very friendly & Conor from the restaurant even called me that day to confirm our reservation. I was glad I booked early as it was very busy ( which is always a good sign!).
My family were delighted with the food as was I & we will definitely be back again.
Thanks so much Blackberry :-)

• Visited June 2013