Portfinn Lodge
Wild Atlantic Hostel @ Delphi Resort(Leenane)(Great Value!)
$74
$73
  • Free Internet
Killary Lodge(Leenane)(Great Value!)
$75
Sleepzone @ The Connemara Hostel(Leenane)(Great Value!)
$53
$108
$184
The Convent(Leenane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewselectric kettlefabulous foodirish breakfasttwo night stayfjordwifiirelandloungeplug
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Myself and my friend spent 2 nights in Portfinn lodge. What an amazing 2 days it was.We arrived to a lovely welcome and settled into have a cup of tea which was always being offered. The hopitality was just wonderful. But it was the view overlooking the bay in Leenane from both the sitting room and the dining room that took my breath away. I could have sat there all day looking out at it. Even the photos I took dont do it justice. The dinner in the restaurant of chowder and then fresh scallops was delicious.and it was lovely to have dinner, a glass of wine then sit and relax in the living room with no distance to walk or drive to bed. The scenery around Leenane is amazing so we had wonderful drives up the Delphi valley to Lewisberg.
But I almost forgot to mention the wonderful tour in the ferry around the Killary Fjiord with the beautiful mountains rising all around us.
I returned home relaxed after a wonderful break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnMar739
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I watched a youtube video of the redesign of Portfinn and couldn't wait to see the reality. We were not at all disappointed and the "makeover" has done wonders for both the building and the food. We stayed in Leenane for a week and portfinn provided us with an excellent meal to remember. take a cruise on Killary Harbour to work up an appetite!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

A great experience. From the moment we arrived, we couldn't have been better looked after. The room had everything we wanted and had lovely views. The breakfast was perfectly cooked and we got as much as we asked for! The dinner was great too. I'd highly recommend it to anybody and be sure to do the cruise and stop off at Kylemore Abbey too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at the Portfinn for only one night while cycling through Connemara. I arrived soaking wet in a storm, looking less than presentable, very early in the season. I was surprised to find that they were booked full because of a local wedding, and that my room was in an adjoining building--on the upper floor above the owner's home. This turned out to be outstanding, as my room was large, with a huge bathroom that had the hottest shower I experienced in Ireland! As well as a spectacular, elevated view of Killary Harbor. My dinner was included as part of my cycling tour, so I expected a prix-fixe style menu, but Alex the manager assured me that I could order anything off the menu. I opted for salmon, which was fresh, cooked perfectly, and served with abundant sides of fresh veg and mashed. A nice wine list, beautiful view from the dining area, and a great dessert menu made it hard to leave. Alex and his staff are attentive and informative, and the WiFi works well. Be sure and look for "Squire", the owners Spaniel, and play fetch for awhile....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bowsermania
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend away together myself and girlfriend ,Alex the owner was truely friendly and couldn't do enough for us . The rooms were perfect the scenery was amazing waking up every morning to a beautiful view . The breakfast every morning was the nicest full Irish I have ever eaten really really gorgeous fresh food , We will definitely recommend this b&b and will stay there again soon we hope :)

• Stayed: March 2012