“The Marvellous Mill!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunfanaghy
The Mill Restaurant & Accommodation
Ranked #3 of 7 Dunfanaghy B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Mill could only be described as a beautiful little, traditional style Irish hotel absolutely full of character and charm. My girlfriend and I enjoyed two nights stay which was thoroughly relaxing in a amazing bedroom over looking Mount Errigle and New Lake. The rooms were lovely and warm, a comfy big bed and the showers are great. We've ate at the Mill on several occasions and as before we were not left disappointed, the quality and presentation of the food is second to none.....there's nothing comes close to it in Dunfanaghy. I could not recommend the Mill highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent a night with my parents - beautiful rooms and view, complimentary wine and shortbread. Turf fire was welcome on a March snowy evening. Joined by other family members for dinner - great meal and Maggie was a very attentive waitress. The fudge with coffee was yummy. All in all I would recommend The Mill and look forward to visiting again. (The Prosecco was a bit expensive- but we did overdo it a bit!!)

Room Tip: A view of the lake is a bonus
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My partner surprised me with a night away here at The Mill last night!!
A fabulous place to stay if you just want to get away from it all and relax.Our room was overlooking the lake,lovely and warm and very comfortable.This place is a bit like you have stepped back in time a bit but this is not a negative thing more like refreshing in this time of high tech,mobile phones and ipads.from the open turf fire,nibbles with your aperitif,candles dotted all around,great but discret service and fabulous food there was nothing we could fault! Chocolate tart was reccommended to try and lemon tart to die for!!
We slept well and went down to breakfast with a fabulous view over the lough,good coffee,lovely continental buffet and the cooked breakfast was probally one of the best I have had-everything seemed either home made or very local and cooked to perfection!
So if you fancy a quiet night away(no technology:)) in a very peaceful setting with great service and fabulous food this is the place to go!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and enjoyed our stay. The main reason we booked The Mill was because the restaurant has the status of being the best in Donegal, and whilst our meal was very nice (starters and desserts were very good) it was not as good as we would have expected. My main course was turbot which should have been excellent but was mediocre and my husband choose pheasant which was completely over done. We gave this feedback politely and quietly but it was cooly received which is a shame as the restaurant could be even better if it could take some honest criticism. The hotel itself is a delight (but I do wish they would provide king size beds for couples!) and the service was good and the breakfast was superb, we would return but not because of the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank foodluvr31
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We checked in and went to rooms to find complimentary glass of wine and homebaked cookies.
We came down to a lovely turf fire and were offered aperitifs whilst browsing the menu and wine list. We enjoyed a well cooked three course meal with a good choice of local produce and really good service for 41 euros each. Accommodation is traditional, clean and comfortable. Breakfast offers a good choice from traditional Irish fry to the best fresh continental breakfast selection I have experienced. If you are visting this area, this is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the lake are above the reception/restaurant area and can be affected if there i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martin g
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Lovely night,great food and service.Why oh why haven't I been before.
Setting a good standard that others should be trying to attain.
I loved Frank Eggington paintings when I was young visiting the Gallery and forgot he lived in the Mill,so was good to see some of his pictures in the lounge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Gorgeous location, Fire burning in the living room as we arrived on a gusty,rainy day. Rooms lovely with nice touches such as welcome bottles of wine, and so quiet. Spotless. The double bed was a little on the small side, but that's a small quibble overall.Lovely meal with brilliant meat and fresh fish. Amuse bouches featuring duck and mackerel, passion fruit sorbet, and a great dish featuring cuts of pork which were all cooked differently. We had fish the following night, and enjoyed it, but felt that, although impeccably cooked and sourced, the dishes were a little too fussy and that less ingredients and parts might have been better. that said, nothing was left undevoured! Breakfast varied and delicious. A great stay and hope to be back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunfanaghy
Arnolds Hotel
Beach Hotel
Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Downings
Castle Grove Country House Hotel

Been to The Mill Restaurant & Accommodation? Share your experiences!