“magical singing holiday week in Corcreggan Mill”
Review of Corcreggan Mill

Corcreggan Mill
Bath, United Kingdom
“magical singing holiday week in Corcreggan Mill”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really helpful open friendly folk who want to make your stay a memorable one. The setting is charming and full of suprises once you encourage Brendan to spin a yarn or two, the history and the singing was superb, for me, same place, same time, next year, lets do this again...........Oh, and by the way, we were a group of twenty on a singing holiday with Candy Verney.
Robin

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robin B
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hello Robin and Candy.
Many thanks for your kind review. I'm delighted that you and your singing group enjoyed your stay here and all the surprises. You made a big hit with so many people when you sang at venues in the locality.

You also brought great warmth to the Mill House and the Corcreggan property by your congeniality and presence so I am very pleased to hear that you plan to return next year.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to contribute your review.

Best regards to you and all your group,
Brendan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ramelton, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having recently dropped in on an impromptu visit to Corgreggan Mill to pick up a brochure and have a general look around. The owner Brendan approached our party and offered to give us a guided tour of which we only too gladly accepted. The place is situated in the most magical setting and has a warm tranquil comforting feel to it, Brendan has a wealth of knowledge and was only too obliging in answering any questions we had and also showed us every nook and cranny of this wonderful place. I hope to one day soon avail of the facilities of this beautiful establishment. Thank you so much Brendan the tour and chat was the highlight of our day.
Kind regards, Wendy and Olive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello Wendy and Olive,
It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Corcreggan Mill, in the old-fashioned way, and show you the Mill House and some of the secret nooks around the property (there are lots more to be explored on your next visit). I enjoyed your company very, very much, especially the three generations of your family who were so open to my quirky humour and peculiar slant on Irish history.

I must apologise that my hospitality was lacking the "cup a tae in yer hand" but I promise to set that to rights for your next visit.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to pen a review of your experience here.

best r,
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (family of 4 with 2 small children) stayed in the self contained apartment adjoining the main hostel. Excellent, clean, bright accommodation in a beautiful location. Breakfast was delivered to our front door each morning! Corcreggan Mill is an excellent place - all the staff were very helpful, especially the owner Brendan who is a fantastic host. Lots of events going on as well at the hostel. Everyone very friendly, location is fantastic - a must see part of Ireland and the world! Many thanks, we will return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Many thanks for taking the trouble to write such a complimentary review.

I appreciate that you understood our need to 'bring the mountain to Mohammed' as the main house was completely taken over by a Singing Workshop from the UK and you would have had no comfort having breakfast in the usual dining room.

I totally agree that this area is one of the hidden gems of Ireland and, as you say, "one of the 'must sees' of Ireland and the world. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I look forward to your return and would be pleased to ensure that breakfast is delivered to your door since you are the original benefactor of this Plan B.

Best r,
traveling
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The owner of the hostel was kind enough to let me stay there, even before is was offically open. It is a big and well equipped place, with all the facilities that a backpacker might need. Brendan wrote excelent guide about the area, and it amazing place for those who love to hike and discover the hidden gems of Donegal county. Having said that, the closest palce to stock with food is about hour hike, so it's better to buy before arriving there.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks Gabi, for your complimentary review.

It's true that we are 3km out the N.56 (Main road) from the village and that, without a car it may involve a 45min hike on the much safer back-road but in this area where there are many local coaches to avail of, I'm pleased to say that it is still safe to hitch a lift.

Your advice about shopping is a good idea except that unless our potential guests have a Green Card from another hostel (which we give out to our guests for free) before they arrive they will miss out on the 10% discount we have arranged for them in our local Delicatessen.

Thanks again Gabi. Hopefully see you back here on some future occasion.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A very stylish and charming hostel, full of rustic furnitures and appliances, a bit too cold at night time though. The staff was extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast included in price was rather modest but the Irish breakfast we ordered for extra 5e was nice. This place has a lot of soul. We will definitelly come back there when again in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Many thanks for your kind and balanced review.

I take you point on the "modest continental breakfast" and I agree with you.

I am please to report that I had planned and have already started, to upgrade the content and service of the breakfast to a much higher standard so as to give my guests better value for money.

Thank you for taking the time to make a review, especially such a balanced, productive and positive one.

I look forward to your return and I hope you will approve of our changes.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I and my elderly friend had booked a stay here. It's in a very nice area, and the place is clean and looks fairly comfortable, but no frills, and not what my friend expected. When we explained this, Brendan, the very gracious owner, suggested a different B&B which worked out well. We came back for the Irish Stew, which is one of my friend's favorite dishes, and we agreed that it was the most delicious we tasted on our trip around Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I must apologise for not replying to this review before now as this was a unique experience.

The reviewer had booked well in advance, was delighted with the property, setting and service but his travelling companion was not. Once I realised her preference I knew immediately which B&B would suit her best and I booked and brought them there. They knew that there was no animosity towards them for their change of heart and they even returned to sample our simple but authentic and healthy Irish Stew.

The point is that I have gone to great lengths to create, as best I can, a homely, rustic accommodation and venue, in a very special setting, with lots of antique features and a special athmosphere. Although the vast majority of our guests appreciate the uniqueness, it obviously is not to everyone's taste. At the end of the day, the customer should be happy and in this case, despite the unusual turn of events, I feel it was a win-win for everyone.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a positive review, even though you didn't actually get to stay with us on this occasion.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while travelling around the northwest coast on a surfing trip! Had only planned to stay for one night but was more than happy to use this as our base camp while travelling around! And ended up staying for four nights! Really nice staff and a clean pleasant environment. Broadband could do with extending to the rest of the hostel but this is a small point for a really nice place to stay! Stunning location and staff were more than friendly when it came to us drying wetsuits, fixing surfboards and making use of the cooking facilities! Home from home while travelling! Look forward to staying with Brendan again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank SurfCol
BrendanRohan, Owner at Corcreggan Mill, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I remember how you guys made full use of the place, to cater for all your needs, and I appreciate the very complimentary review and the broadband recommendation (as a result of which it's now on my list for next season. Hopefully it's feasible to upgrade or replace the existing system).

There is no greater satisfaction or compliment for me than that someone comes for one day, but because of the service and/or the area, stays for a few more. That makes all our efforts worthwhile and confirms that we are doing the right thing, in the right place.

I look forward to your return and I thank you for spreading the good word in this public way.

Brendan.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunfanaghy
Arnolds Hotel
An Chuirt, Gweedore Court Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford

Been to Corcreggan Mill? Share your experiences!