“Always a treat”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We visited the Mill again last week for my dad's birthday - excellent as always. We enjoyed aperitifs in the conservatory with our canapés- I always look forward to my Kir Royale at the Mill whilst deciding on my dinner options and my partner loves the Kinnegar beers on offer. We had crab and also the hen's egg starters and all of us rated these as excellent, as well the lovely guinness wheaten bread and sundried tomato bread. The sorbet was perfect before the main meal. I normally opt for fish but decided on the donegal beef on this occasion which was delicious, my partner had the pollock which was served with crab claws, whilst my parents both had the lamb- all of which were excellent. My partner and dad had the ice-cream slider dessert which was very welcome given the weather, I had the strawberry plate which included parfait etc and my mum had the cheeseboard- the latter which we all helped her with. We then enjoyed coffees and petit fours after dinner. In addition to the excellent food, the service was friendly and efficient. Once again, I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. It is also extremely good value for the quality of the culinary experience.

2  Thank Cindy7777

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went here with another couple and all had great food. Setting was spectacular and service very good. We had a mixture of goat (yes goat), crab, hake, lamb and pollock. The only downside was the chocolate fondant dessert which was highly recommended and required a fifteen minute wait which was no problem. However when it came out it had sank! it was really in no fit state to be served but it was, we didn't want to spoil night by complaining. In fairness 15 mins later they stated that it wasn't successful and presented us with 2 more but at this stage we were all full. It would have been much better to not have served and offered us the choice of waiting or alternative. Taste was still reasonable but did stop me giving 5 stars

1  Thank DeeG147
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Could even say the best meal I've ever had in a restaurant! Fine dining that fills you up! Lovely sitting area before dinner for appetisers and drinks then you are taken to your table in a very open bright area with views into garden and sea. Food was incredible! Not one thing bad about any of the dishes put on our table - so tasty with a range of different distinct flavours. Service very attentive. Worth every cent and will return!

1  Thank Han258
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a serious restaurant. The food is so good that it almost always comes as a surprise. The location is magical in summer; the decor is a bit tired but very comfortable; the welcome warm. Each year the standard improves and the smart use of local, fresh produce is obvious. This quality food would be 50% more expensive in Dublin. To be critical the wine list relatively unsophisticated for a restaurant of this quality.

1  Thank Pascal145
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just had our first experience of the Mill House . Staff and service were excellent very friendly and welcoming. The menu was very good could have excluded a chicken dish maybe. Our only complaint was the lamb was not served pink as requested but overall it was a brilliant experience. Will defiantly be back soon.