“First Class Food & First Class Service in Relaxing Surroundings”

Starfish Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Dunfanaghy
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
OMAGH
“First Class Food & First Class Service in Relaxing Surroundings”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked a table for 2 on Saturday 13th October , All I can say was that the food was excelent and the service was first class . At the end of the night the chef came around each table to get the comments on the meal service ect .

So a big thank you to all the staff on making it a very enjoyable night and a great meal , will be booking a table on my next vist .
Keep up the good work and chef keep making those great meals top marks all round .

• Visited October 2012

“Cosy Cafe With Good Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We make quite a few trips to Donegal every year. Last year we discovered the Starfish Cafe in Dunfanaghy. We had an enjoyable lunch and decided to book a table for dinner for the following evening. We had an excellent meal, the staff are friendly and the service was good. The cafe does not have a wine licence, but you can pop into the shop next door a get a reasonable priced bottle.

• Visited August 2012
“Same Old Problems”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Similar reviews! Still not being sorted.
Myself, my wife, our child have visited a few times. On all visits we found the confusion over how to order food very frustrating; table service or order at counter.Along with uninterested staff.But the coffee & sweet treats lured us back.

However, we had family visiting from Fermanagh & decided that Starfish would be a lovely end to an enjoyable day for our visitors. I have never written a letter of complaint before but through sheer embarrassment then anger I feel I need to.

On this visit we again passed little remarks that we had to call the staff otherwise be ignored, & proceeded to give our order.the table had not been cleaned from the previous customers with food & rubbish present.when the gentleman came to put the drinks on the table to be cleaned, to which he gave a quick swipe with a tea towel he was carrying.he had to be asked to remove the rubbish. I then asked for a glass of water & a new jug of milk as the jug there had a little warm milk in the bottom. Little details such as these should be checked or a simple query if we needed anything else would be mannerly & keep lunch running smoothly. A few minutes later I looked round for our server; our tea and coffee getting cold with no sign of milk or glass of water. Our server had proceeded to serve a takeaway customer at the till. I got up & asked him again.instead of asking ane of the girls to see to me, he barely acknowledged me. Cold tea & coffee were to set the tone of our lunch.
When our lunches arrived in frond & drabs, those of us that did couldn't begin as we then had to ask for cutlery which was also less than prompt in arriving.my mother ordered quiche which was tepid.I ordered the same so we waited until my quiche came out to see how it was served.it was piping hot. We were fed up at this stage, so I asked one of the girls for a new portion.I didn't notice her walking off, as I reached for the plate to give to her.I was holding it for a few moments& looked to see if she was going to take the plate, only to see she had walked off with the order book to take another order.we were just exasperated at this stage.when the quiche came back it was the same portion simply heated, no new one as requested & with no apology given. I was going to walk out at this stage but didn't want to cause a scene, & try to make the best of out time with our family. I noted my mother did not eat any more of her lunch.
The cafe was not overly busy,so it was further more disappointing to find that there was no toilet roll in toilet.
After settling our bill & leaving, upon chatting to my sister, she had mentioned that she had no chicken in the baguette that she ordered as per menu. She didn't want to inflame things further.
My anger comes from the fact we then had to stop off in another establishment to get the family something to eat ad they were travelling back to Fermanagh & we felt obliged to salvage what had been a great day not wanting our guests going home hungry & dissatisfied. We discovered that each of us had wanted to walk out, but didn't want to cause a scene.
I was further annoyed when I scrolled through trip advisor to find that others have had similar experiences & that the staff & service has not improved since these bad reviews.
It is a lovely cafe with great treats and coffee. Which makes it all the more disappointing when the staff & the service they provide.my wife and myself would have grumbled about this to others, but as I say because we chose & recommended this establishment to enjoy lunch with our family this is a reflection on us.which greatly displeased us along with having to pay for another lunch for five people.

We contacted The manager about these issues.in which we have got a reply back but after her requesting further info,

Rhos-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went in here for a coffee and lunch one day whilst on holiday. They have a good range of food and drinks and friendly staff. Also have comfy sofas!

Visited September 2012
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A Tasty Little Treat”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Always busy, so try to book ahead! Lovely food and peaceful atmosphere. Bright cheery decor and comfy seats. Daytime, it's a little livelier - though still the best little eaterie in the village!

• Visited May 2012