3,005 results
All reviews sika restaurant the ritz carlton sugar loaf lounge sugarloaf mountain mountain view suite gordon ramsey restaurant beautiful hotel bathroom mirror mcgills pub sugarloaf lounge walk in wardrobe the river walk irish bar five star hotel pure luxury dressing room afternoon tea
Reviewed February 4, 2016

From arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble. Staff were all friendly and welcoming. The food in the restaurant was excellent with a good choice on menu and all perfectly presented. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was well worth the extra money it was a home from home. I would definitely recommend a visit to this hotel.

Room tip: If you can stretch to it go for a suite
1  Thank YVS_01
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Dear YVS_01,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind words.

I truly believe that hearing the phrase "a home away from home" is among the most fantastic that a hotelier could hope to hear.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt the next time that you travels take you to Enniskerry.

Reviewed February 2, 2016

Visited Powerscourt at the end of January, i took my friend for her birthday.

Room was lovely and big but was on the chilly side. Dinner down in the Sugar Loaf lounge was lovely and relaxed. Brekkie the next morning was great. Large choice and the actual restaurant was lovely.

Only downside is the removal of the 'Dog Friendly' policy. This is what made us visit previously.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank IreSam

Dear IreSam,

I am delighted to hear that both your friend and yourself thoroughly enjoyed your night away with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a favorable review of our property and we look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt for many years to come.

Reviewed February 2, 2016

We were booked in this hotel as part of a package deal, and really didn't know what to expect because the deal was phenomenal. We drove from the Dublin airport and when we pulled up, we almost couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Then it just got better, because our room was HUGE and the bathroom was gorgeous and HUGE and our view was breathtaking. Even the shampoo and conditioner was great. It was clean, it was opulent and I would love to stay there again.
The Powerscourt Gardens, just a walk down the street is even better.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear TravelMac7,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor.

I am truly delighted to hear that you were so impressed by your Powerscourt experience. We are fortunate to be able to offer remarkably large and beautifully appointed guest rooms that match the splendor and beauty of the mountains in which the hotel is set.

I would like to thank you again for such kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2016

its a beautiful Hotel the reception areas and the bedrooms are lovely, we had a suite it was very big & a little on the cold side, we asked for the heating to be looked at (didn't happen so we asked for an extra heater, reception said they'd send it...didn't happen) the buffet breakfast was very good,the restaurant is very nice but expensive the bar is in the basement its cosy and the bar food is very good, its a very big busy hotel so customer service is on that scale, if your looking for a relaxing SPA break maybe its not ideal as kids are allowed into the pool spa area (its a little noisy) the grounds are spectacular.

Room tip: the suites are very big, will you use it?
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Dear Bale0,

I would like to thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed by our property and the beautiful estate in which the hotel finds itself set.

I would like to apologize for the delay in rectifying the heating issue and I will be following up with our housekeeping team to identify the issue on this occasion. We are delighted to offer child friendly hours at the pool in order to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for all of our guests.

I would like to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2016

Arrived at the hotel and have to say from the exterior it really is the most bizarre building I have seen for some time. The hotel is partially underground and you arrive in at the Lobby which is actually the 4th floor. However, as soon a you enter the hotel delights await. Friendly staff, opulent decor and huge rooms - we were lucky enough to get an upgrade which was amazing, but all the rooms seem to be vast with hallways, high ceilings and spacious bathrooms. I had the best sleep I have had in a long time and although there are a lot of gimmicks in the rooms (in built plasma screens in the mirrors, electric closing curtains and touch screen lighting) this all adds to the sense of getting away from it all.
The food is good too. Breakfast was perfect, eggs Benedict can be ordered and you really don't feel as if you are putting the chef out. We had dinner a la carte also and again excellent. The service was spotless and the food beautifully prepared and presented.
The village is a short walk away and busy with two bars and coffee shops - you can get a lift from the hotel if needed. Powerscourt was a delight also and has an Avoca shop and cafe in the house.
All in all a great retreat away, but the external look of the building is starting to look dated and bits of it could do with a power wash or revamp, but I really am being picky...I would return in a heartbeat...

Room tip: Pay the small extra to have a Mountain View room

Dear Holly P,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to leave such a wonderful comprehensive review of your Powerscourt experience.

I am delighted to hear that we have achieved our goal of providing that sense of seclusion and retreat in a style that is uniquely luxurious.

I would like to thank you again for your kind words and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt Resort Hotel the next time that you travels bring you to Enniskerry.