Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$111
  • Beachfront
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
$196
$190
$162
$157
Hotels.com
$120
$97
  • Restaurant
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
2,766 results
All reviewssika restaurantthe ritz carltonsugar loaf loungesugarloaf mountainmountain view suitebathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelmcgills pubsugarloaf loungeirish barwalk in wardrobegordon ramsaythe river walkfive star hoteldressing roompure luxuryafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay in Ireland. We stayed at the Dromoland Castle in Co. Clare, The Kingsley in Cork City, and the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt in Wicklow. We found the ritz to be snobbish, and not very accomodating. They do not even let you use the internet in the hotel for free. You have to pay. Also, we ate a at the restaurant, and the food was not good, and very over priced. They seem like they are trying too hard. The staff tries to be helpful, but in a very forced, over the top way that makes you feel uncomfortable. On the flip side, our room had a balcony facing the mountains and it was beautiful, the room was very nice, with a TV in the mirror in the bathroom. Very fancy. As for our other 2 hotels, they were fabulous! Dromoland feels like a fairytale and The Kingsley is they ultimate in casual luxury.

1  Thank JNPhillips
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Just spent Saturday 21st in this hotel, celebrating with another couple. It really is a nice hotel, we had been treated to a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite which was just fab. The size of the room! The size of the bed! The silence in the room! The size of the bathroom! The TV in the bathroom mirror! The crystal ring holder on the bathroom shelf! The walk-in wardrobe! The SIZE of the terrace! I could go on and on...

The staff were very helpful and courteous. The leisure centre was lovely, the pool a bit too warm and not conducive to swimming for a workout. I think the bar was a bit too dark, olde Oirish and certainly over priced - I didn't like it.

But my biggest gripe was the Gordon Ramsey restuarant. We just didn't get it - not the huge prices (expected), not the tiny portions (expected) not the limited menu (not expected) and not the warm, bland food that was served up to us (definitely not expected). Our drinks order turned into a farce, we were brought a drink of liqueur and champagne and were treated to a rigamarole as to the origin of the drink and we were too embarrassed to ask why we were getting these drinks rather than the beers we had ordered. When there was no sign of the beers, we plucked up the courage to enquire why we were given these drinks? Turned out our waiter had misunderstood us and the drinks would be on him (phew!!) If you value your money and want value for your money, don't eat in this restaurant.

Anyway, I would still return to this hotel when I want to treat myself again - I will just give Gordon Ramsey a very wide berth - it'll be a definite "No, Chef" from me!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank PollyM90
Reviewed February 23, 2009

The moment we stepped inside this hotel we felt like we were in a different world. the rooms are spacious and well equipped. The best nights sleep in a long while! everything is so clean and neat. The staff are so helpful and are seen but not heard and completely unintrusive. The spa and pool area is of the same standard and one could spend hours just relaxing.
We ate in the bar and the food and atmosphere was good. Breakfast the next morning was a little dissappointing. I could probably have made better scrambled eggs myself ....a little more creamy would be nice. And it is a little pity that it is self service but the selection is good neverthe less.
I cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank jptGalway
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt for Valentine;s night and were so looking forward to it for weeks - however, we had a disastrous visit - we had booked into Gordon Ramsay's restuarant and ended up having to eat the meal in our room - we were given no choice and the food was average and portions tiny! We had two mini main courses of pork belly and duck - not suitable for all tastes! The service in the hotel was atrocious and we waiting several times for drinks and bills. What was even worse was our room - bar and very white and clinical with lots of shelves with nothing on them, our mini bar was broken and so was our air-conditioning was also broken - not what one expects from a 5 star hotel! We had to call twice about both the mini bar and aircon and neither were resolved of fixed. When we checked out, we had to wait in line for nearly half an hour - we complained and got a 50% discount, so instead of paying €410 for a room with dinner and breakfast (not exactly a bargain!), we paid €205 for what I would say was a snack in our room, bed and breakfast in a room that was too hot with no cold drinks!! (still not a bargain!). We are never going back!!!

5  Thank ACMW
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I had to go here with work, and wasn't too keen to go, but on arrival i was happily surprised! The hotel was amazing - a bit cumber some to look at, but the rooms, service, views and spa were amazing and luckily i did get to use the pool. Went swimming at 7 oc'clock in the morning and it was beautiful as i was on my own and it was dead chilled.

My room was fab - but who needs two bathrooms! I also felt the rooms were rather warm, and it was tricky to get the room cool, but it was lovely!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BertieB49