Style. Grand, corniced ceilings, brass & glass, old fashioned style to American tastes.
SPA: Very nice indeed. Very contemporary.
Staff: friendly, helpful, efficient throughout.
Children: Very restricted use of the pool but staff will oblige if the area is not too busy
Dinner. Ate in the lounge. Adults meals were nice. Children’s meals were bland, service: Very good.
Gordon Ramsey restaurant – didn’t try it. Since he has never cooked there and I read somewhere that the (current) chef did not train under him I cant see the point. Just a name surely?.
Breakfast: good quality but a standard cooked breakfast all the same. Self service down to the toast. I preferred to be served at the table. No other menu optioned on offer. Ironic how a humble B&B offers a better breakfast service than many of these 5 star places.
The building: Beautiful to behold.
The surrounding area: Gorgeous Hilly Woodland.
Price of food & drinks: OK for 5 star
Price of accommodation: At time of writing they’re adjusted downwards thanks to the recession but still well over €200 (that’s the attainable limit I try to keep to out of season) on a quiet night.
Haggle-ability: Fairly stiff. No budging on the cheapest price. No complimentary plonk. Yes to comp. upgrade subject to availability.
Ambience: Quiet as with most top of the range hotels.
Freebies: some smoothies and buns for the kids. Free Valet Parking. Alas no complimentary newspaper.
Gadgets: TV in the bathroom mirror plus remote control lights.. Air con, etc all worked perfectly.
Improvements: Live music, eg piano player perhaps.
Worth the 5 stars: Of course..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding among luxury five star hotels in Ireland and set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country is Powerscourt Hotel, a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and offering guests a host of amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow