“Excellent”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed one night on a Saturday night with my 2 children aged 9 and 12. Check in was efficient and friendly and the initial impression given by the lobby and staff was very good. We had thought we were booked into a room with 2 double beds but on checking in our booking showed as one king. However an extra bed in the room was immediately sorted out by reception staff. The room was beautiful with every modern convenience and more. It was really elegantly furnished, spacious and very comfortable. The children particularly enjoyed watching TV from the bath! We used the pool on 2 occasions and it is very good and the changing facilities excellent with plenty of towels and lovely spa toiletries. Dinner in McGills was excellent and I enjoyed the live music in the lounge afterwards. Overall a lovely evening. The only small point I would make for improvement would be to have the games room open (and better equipped - my children commented that some of the equipment was missing or damaged) in the evening as it currently closes at 6. It would be handy for the children to be able to go somewhere to play table tennis, snooker or table football in the evenings as the bar and lobby are not that suitable for children later in the evening. Breakfast was super with every choice of hot and continental food available (including pancakes which were very much enjoyed). Overall an excellent stay in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eviansuz
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Suzanne T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Powerscourt.

Many thanks for your lovely feedback on the service and facilities, and I'm delighted that you and your two children enjoyed your time with us. I will discuss review the hours of operation for the Games Zone with the team and discuss the opening hours going forward.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

David Webster

Write a ReviewReviews (2,654)

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We went there as a anniversary trip which was made into such a great experience thanks to the many people at this hotel.We were kind of skeptical with the hotel being 30 min from city center Dublin at first. Once we stepped into the hotel, the grandeur assured us of our pick. After a long flight and a scary manual car wrong side driving trip from the airport, we arrived at the Powerscourt Gardens. The area is beautiful with palace like gardens, beautiful scenery and a great waterfall just minutes away from your retreat. If you want to relax this is a great place to go!

People - Every person we met was very wary of your needs and wanted to please you. The information desk helped us book reservations for the city, a Broadway play(he even paid with his credit card which had to be local and charged our room for it) as well as driving directions, plans and times for every road trip we took. They were absolutely amazing!

Food - They have the BEST fish and chips I've ever had! I had them three days out of my 7 day stay. The other restaurants were also amazing and first class. They even have their own traditional PUB inside the hotel.

Rooms - We got a deal for the suite and fell in love with the room. His and hers closets, great shower with hidden behind mirror tv, tv room and bedroom. Everything was automated from the comfort of where you were. Very homey room which we did not want to leave!

Amenities - Being next to the gardens(part of it) we would have thought it would be included in the hotel. Not a huge charge but it would be a great amenity for guests. Still, gardens were beautiful and worth every cent. The SPA was incredible! We had a couples massage after seeing the pool which is lighted like a black sky with twinkling stars at the bottom of the pool. Just being there gave you a sensational feeling. My wife took a regular massage and I took a special Irish stick massage.... ( I would keep to the traditional, it was a little too different at times.) They had aromatherapy to your liking and the relaxing jacuzzi private suite with a view was second to none. DEFINITELY recommend using the spa area!

Overall, the surroundings were beautiful, the place is spectacular, food and service is great! It might be a little far away for the daily Dublin commute but great for the explorer like us. We visited a few different cities daily and went back to our comfy room.

Room Tip: Suites are spectacular, look for rooms with a front garden view, not the parking area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tony G

Dear Tony G,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely, comprehensive review of your stay at Powerscourt.

It is great to get such wonderful feedback, and its always a pleasure to hear that our guests have truly enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for staying with us on this special occasion for you and your wife and I hope we get the chance to welcome you both again.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We have been here a few times for a quiet, convenient, getaway from the city. We've always enjoyed it, nice rooms, good food, and beautiful surroundings. It's a bit pricey, but I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GT-MPB

Dear GT-MPB,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at Powerscourt Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here on first night of our honeymoon when they found out they went out of there way to make extra special for us. The location is ideal with great walks scenery and you are only 30min from Dublin City centre.for an upmarket hotel it is so relaxed. The staff are very genuine and very helpfull. The food in restaurant is to die for and I couldn't believe how responsible it was. The spa is a great experience and pool area is such a relaxing spot. Well worth a stay

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John K

Dear John K,

Many thanks for your lovely review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and allowed us to be part of this special occasion for you both.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had an anniversary dinner here with the hubby! Dinner was fab and our server Daniele was great very confident and a natural at the job..
Ate here before when it was Ramsey's and it was also fab! But it felt a little more relaxed which was lovely look forward to our next visit..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nonamepet

Dear lisa k,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience here at Powerscourt Hotel.

I hope you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary celebrations, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've stayed at numerous hotels and have rarely left and immediately booked for a return visit. I loved the peace and relaxation. There were so many beautiful and thoughtful touches that I can't recommend it highly enough. The food was fantastic and of an incredibly high standard. The rooms were large, clean and the bathrooms were fantastic. The spa and hotel is one of the best and staff immediately put you at ease. Wonderful location so peaceful but within close proximity to Dublin, Bray etc.

Room Tip: Try the Skia restaurant - we ate things we normally wouldn't dream of were blown away!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ashni
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear ashni,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our facilities and staff contributed to a lovely stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed in February 2014, our party of two adults and four young children.

Our inter-connecting rooms were the best we have ever stayed in, extremely spacious, and our children availed of the 'tent and torch' in-room camping experience, which gave them a great thrill.

Breakfast was excellent in quality. It is buffet style, with hot food also available to order. I felt the staff could have been a tiny bit more pro-active in assisting me, when I arrived down for breakfast with four children under the age of eight, including a baby - while I appreciate buffets require guests to serve themselves, someone should have offered to help me carry the children's juices and cereals to the table, or provided a tray for me to do it myself.

The fine-dining restaurant is very good, with knowledgeable staff and an excellent wine list.

Areas for improvement are as follows:
- The children were made feel very welcome, but a little more thought is required for the lounge menu to offer smaller, less expensive options for children.
- The children's play-room, which is not supervised (which is fine), also needs work - no ball for the ping-pong table; ragged dress-up costumes which have seen better days.
- We ordered room service for the children one evening, as we were getting a babysitter so we could have a birthday dinner for two in the restaurant. No arrangement was made to collect the food trolley before the children went to sleep, so it was still there the next morning - not nice to wake up with food still in the room.

However, our overall experience was very good, and we will likely return in the Autumn. It would be great to see these small items addressed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank CatherinePlus5

Dear CatherinePlus5,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review of your stay.

I am delighted that the bedrooms were to your satisfaction and that your children enjoyed the 'tent and torch' experience. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the quality and service in Sika for the dinner - I hope it made for an enjoyable birthday experience!

Many thanks as well for your constructive feedback, which you can rest assured has been taken on board.

We are currently retraining our staff and highlighting the importance of customer service - this is with regard to both our breakfast offering and the in room dining service.
Since your stay in February, our Kids Room has been given a makeover, and I hope that when you return in the Autumn you will notice the changes.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Powerscourt.

David Webster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#7 of 150 in Dublin
The Marker Hotel
The Marker Hotel
#2 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!