We went there as a anniversary trip which was made into such a great experience thanks to the many people at this hotel.We were kind of skeptical with the hotel being 30 min from city center Dublin at first. Once we stepped into the hotel, the grandeur assured us of our pick. After a long flight and a scary manual car wrong side driving trip from the airport, we arrived at the Powerscourt Gardens. The area is beautiful with palace like gardens, beautiful scenery and a great waterfall just minutes away from your retreat. If you want to relax this is a great place to go!
People - Every person we met was very wary of your needs and wanted to please you. The information desk helped us book reservations for the city, a Broadway play(he even paid with his credit card which had to be local and charged our room for it) as well as driving directions, plans and times for every road trip we took. They were absolutely amazing!
Food - They have the BEST fish and chips I've ever had! I had them three days out of my 7 day stay. The other restaurants were also amazing and first class. They even have their own traditional PUB inside the hotel.
Rooms - We got a deal for the suite and fell in love with the room. His and hers closets, great shower with hidden behind mirror tv, tv room and bedroom. Everything was automated from the comfort of where you were. Very homey room which we did not want to leave!
Amenities - Being next to the gardens(part of it) we would have thought it would be included in the hotel. Not a huge charge but it would be a great amenity for guests. Still, gardens were beautiful and worth every cent. The SPA was incredible! We had a couples massage after seeing the pool which is lighted like a black sky with twinkling stars at the bottom of the pool. Just being there gave you a sensational feeling. My wife took a regular massage and I took a special Irish stick massage.... ( I would keep to the traditional, it was a little too different at times.) They had aromatherapy to your liking and the relaxing jacuzzi private suite with a view was second to none. DEFINITELY recommend using the spa area!
Overall, the surroundings were beautiful, the place is spectacular, food and service is great! It might be a little far away for the daily Dublin commute but great for the explorer like us. We visited a few different cities daily and went back to our comfy room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection offers outstanding luxury among 5-star hotels in Wicklow, Ireland. We are set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, providing travellers with a a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and giving guests a host of amenities. At our hotel nestled in the hills of Enniskerry, 30 minutes from Dublin, you will find a spa, Powerscourt Golf Club, on-site restaurant and perfect accommodations offering easy access to rustic Enniskerry and all of County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow