Had a wonderful stay here over the Easter break. The hotel even had two resident rabbits and a couple of gerbils in the lobby which were brought in especially for the weekend- my inner child loved it!
Rooms are fabulous - a large super comfy king sized bed and huge bathroom with double sinks, large bath and separate shower. They also have touchscreen technology to adjust the aircon or turn on/ off the lights, which was pretty cool. A few nitpicks were 1. The charges for a movie or to listen to music were extortionate- €11.50 for a movie, even movies a few years old and €5.50 to listen to an album, and worse there was no MTV or similar music channels on the TV. 2. I was initially so excited by the iPhone docking station beside the bed, until I realised it didn't work with the iPhone 5! Probably Apple's fault, rather than the hotel's, but still!!
The hotel is located on powerscourt estate in Wicklow, the garden of Ireland and the views of the mountains, forest and lakes from the hotel are simply stunning. There are fabulous runs, walks and hikes that start right from the hotel - a great way to pass a few hours, or the whole day.
In inclement weather, there's a good spa onsite, as well as a pool and hammam suite. We popped down to the pool in the early evening on a bank holiday weekend and it was overrun with kids... their excited screams exacerbated by a low roof, so best avoided til later.
The sugar loaf lounge is a charming space for a few cocktails, a bite to eat or afternoon tea. The floor to ceiling windows overlook sugar loaf mountain- very scenic and romantic.
Food in the hotel restaurants is very good and pricey, as you would expect in a five star hotel. Service is impeccable and the staff are happy and pleasant.
Breakfast is disappointing for a hotel of this quality. Anywhere else, I would be happy with a buffet style breakfast of this type, but having experienced the vast range and quality of the breakfast offering of similar five star hotels, it simply just doesn't compare.
Overall, I would definitely stay again- the luxurious surroundings and views of this hotel are hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection offers outstanding luxury among 5-star hotels in Wicklow, Ireland. We are set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, providing travellers with a a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and giving guests a host of amenities. At our hotel nestled in the hills of Enniskerry, 30 minutes from Dublin, you will find a spa, Powerscourt Golf Club, on-site restaurant and perfect accommodations offering easy access to rustic Enniskerry and all of County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow