“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Bloomington, Illinois
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were delighted to stay at the Powerscourt Hotel! It was a part of our Ireland tour package, and we had the honor to stay here on our last night of our journey. Of course we were disappointed to not get to stay more the one night, but what a way to end our trip!
The room was amazing--separate dressing area, the bedroom itself was larger than any other hotel room than we had ever stayed in, and the bathroom was nearly as big as the bedroom! I am quite tall, and the large jacuzzi tub had plenty of room for me. The amenities were beyond what we expected--turn down service, touch screen to control all functions in the room, complimentary robes, water, and all around nice service. We had a room that faced the gardens, which was just fine. We ordered the tiramisu for dessert one evening (my mom's favorite) based on a picture on this website--it's deceivingly large in the photo, and is really quite small, but was still tasty. I also took a photo of the tiramisu-and made it look just as large and amazing as I thought it was going to be! :)
The staff were nice, and were able to help us with figuring out how much time it would take us to get to the airport. We didn't have a lot of time to wander around Enniskerry, but we went to the Powerscourt the morning before we left and had breakfast on their patio. It was a lovely experience, and I wish we would've had time and the money to explore their gardens. The little town of Enniskerry was quaint and fun to walk around. We ate dinner at a pub and visited the shops the next morning.
Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CLarson84
Paul H, Assistant Front of House Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear CLarson84,
Thank you for this lovely review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for my girlfriends birthday last week. On arrival our bags were taken from us and we checked in. This was efficient and very personable with the receptionist taking an interest our drive to hotel etc. We were then escorted to our room and shown around by the porter. This is one of the nicest rooms i have stayed in so far. Quite a big sized room and the hotels standard size. After2/3 minutes of settling into our room, a card and chocolates arrived for my girlfriend. Its the personal small touches that make a hotel stay stand out from the rest. The room had an extremely comfortable bed, walk in wardrobe, separate shower and bath - bathroom has tv in the main mirror and surround sound. Over all an excellent room.

The spa gives all quests access to the pool and steam room and also vitality pool. The pool has loungers around the side which are very comfortable. There is a thermal suite for both men and woman which are separate. This is upstairs in the spa and is available to use with spa treatments or at a separate cost of €25pp for thermal suite only. Within the thermal suite is sauna, steam and vitality pool which looks out over the grounds. The relaxation area overlooks the grounds and has electric beds.

Had dinner in the restaurant downstairs and was excellent although they couldn't really accommodate any changes to the main courses. In fact I was surprised a head chef would allow a main course to leave the kitchen so bare. The waiter himself seemed embarrassed and offered us a drink to make up for this. However food was very tasty. Breakfast was excellent with a great selection. There seemed to be a shortage of space at peak time though with not enough seating. We ate also in the Lobby next day and food was also nice.

This hotel was built at the height of the Celtic tiger with no expense spared. It still maintains the high standard although I would say the hotel is a little wilted around the edges from when I visited at the peak of the Celtic tiger. It still maintains its elegance. I did find however since it changed for the Ritz-Carlton to Marriott the service has slightly slipped. The hotel is at the upper end price wise, but worth the treat. We paid €270 for 1 night B&B with dinner. I would return again but only for a special treat as there is an abundance of other excellent hotels running great special offers at a fraction of the price.

2 Thank Hjs007
Dear Hjs007,
Thank you for your kind review, I am glad to see you and your girlfriend enjoyed celebrating her special occasion with us. I am sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate an amended main course, I will follow up with our culinary team as to why.
We do hope to welcome you both back in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I have been regular guests at this property when it was a Ritz Carlton 5 star hotel.the rooms,amenities and surroundings are still fabulous,but I think where this hotel falls short is with service.At evening dinner and breakfast next morning service was slow and lacking in some areas.Not what I expect from a 5 star hotel.If this hotel claims 5 star status and charges 5 star prices,then it should deliver 5 star services.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard.
1 Thank patsy074
Dear patsy074,
Thank you for your review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your room and the facilities here at the hotel but I am sorry to hear you felt the service lacking at dinner and breakfast, I will be sure to pass this on to our food and beverage team to review. If you do wish to share your service concerns in more detail please contact me directly at paul.hand@powerscourthotel.com
We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the absolutely wonderful Powerscourt Hotel in early January and what a great stay we had. We were there for 6 nights in a junior suite and it was fantastic. The staff was awesome and extremely helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was perfect and extremely comfortable. I don't want to sound like we don't get out much because we do, it is just that this Hotel was so good. The concierge we dealt with was the best. She mapped out a couple of day trips for us and it was perfect. The conversation with her was most interesting and downright delightful. She made us feel so welcome and at home in Ireland. You won't be disappointed with the Powerscourt Hotel. Can't wait to go back…...

1 Thank shawnandcandi
Paul H, Assistant Front of House Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear shawnandcandi,

We cannot wait to welcome you back! Thank you for such a positive review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much. I will ensure your kind comments are passed to our concierge team directly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a fab stay with my wife at the powerscourt, the hotel was quite at the time and we were given a huge room, service was super and dinner in the restaurant was very good, look forward to returning. My only complaint was the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant, but again the hotel was quite.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian9512
Dear Brian9512,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to here you enjoyed your time with us. We do hope to have you back with us again soon.

birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I was on a break in Ireland and had heard about the Spa at Powerscourt Hotel from a friend who had spent time there. I rang to check out times etc and spoke to Kata. When I arrived I was shown around by Pip. Can I say that both these ladies should start their own training courses in 'how to do it'....they were both so professional, friendly, knowledgeable and made a slightly older lady like myself, on my own, feel special, safe and cared for. 10 out of 10! Will be seeing Pip and Kata again definitely! Thank you.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank BirminghamKay
Dear BirminghamKay,
Thank you for such a positive review of your spa experience. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Kata and Pip.

Dungannon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We spent a night in this hotel with friends to celebrate an occasion. On arrival we were upgraded to suites. The rooms were well equipped. The touch pad controls were easy to use.
Excellent walking by the river and in the gardens. The hotel was not crowded when we were there and we were able to enjoy tea in front of a fire after walking.
We ate in the hotel restaurant. We had feared that the loss of the Gordon Ramsay 'mark' might have resulted in a loss of quality. One member of our group who had been there in the days when it was a Gordon Ramsay restaurant assured us that the standard was, if anything, better than before. Restaurant staff were good, particularly Josef who struck the perfect balance between attentive and intrusive.
Breakfast was also excellent with a wide choice of well presented items.
The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff we met was noteworthy.
The only downer was the rain - but it is Ireland.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John C
Paul H, Assistant Front of House Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear John C,

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
InterContinental Dublin
#19 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!