This really is an outstanding location. If you've got a few Euro to spare, book a suite on the top floor, with a view of the Sugar Loaf Mountain. The suites are five room heavens!
It is an expensive location, but well worth the treat. There are a few options for food at the hotel, there appears to be value if you book food with the room. We went on a Gordan Ramsey experience and had a delicious dinner in Ramsey's restaurant. With a well priced wine menu, which really surprised me.
The bar at the back of reception is expensive for food, but there is an irish themed pub (hold the paddywhackery comments!) downstairs which is not bad. The hotel is huge and very american. Think polished timer, deep carpets, white wall panels.
But it is in a beautiful location. Powerscourt House is just next door and there are shops and a garden centre there, a walk around the gardens is a must.
There is also a very well equipped gym and a pool with sauna and jacuzzi. This is a lovely place to spend the morning, its quiet and relaxing and if you forget swimwear there are pretty well priced togs etc available.
We arrived on time for check-in but the room was not ready for almost one hour, which was a little annoying. There was NO apology for the delay and whilst waiting we have a 70 euro lunch! Welcome to the Ritz Carlton! That said the place is really nice and well recommended for a luxury break.
Room service for breakfast was really good, hot food and a huge selection. Fill dining table etc setup in the sitting room by the staff.
Stayed here June 2012, despite review date below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding among luxury five star hotels in Ireland and set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country is Powerscourt Hotel, a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and offering guests a host of amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow