“Luxury hotel in the woods”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Wuustwezel, Belgium
“Luxury hotel in the woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice hotel with a good breakfast. It is a very big hotel and the rooms are awesome. A little bit sofisticated with all the high tech stuff but very nice. The people are very nice.
It is living in the woods, peace and quiet at the top.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Filip K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived mid-morning on a busy Saturday after an overseas flight, and only had to wait about an hour for our room. The hotel is ideally situation if you fly into Dublin, but don't want to stay in the city. It was about an hour's drive on mostly motorways. Parking at the hotel is very convenient, and the hotel itself is lovely and quiet. We had a room facing the garden in the back of the hotel. All the staff we encountered were extremely kind and helpful. You can walk to the Powerscourt House and Gardens from the hotel. We did not dine in the Gorden Ramsey restaurant as we were jet lagged and afraid we would not enjoy it as it should be enjoyed. The pub was a nice alternative.

The only issue we had with the hotel was the computerized electronics in the room. We had trouble turning the lights on and off! Maybe it was because of the jet lag, but it would be so much simpler to just flip a switch! We would recommend this hotel if you are planning to be in the area and are looking for luxury.

2 Thank SugarCreek
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

stayed here on a package in oct'12 , faultless from start to finish, staff really warm, dinner in ramsays was great and drinks and live music in the trad bar made for a great night. breakfast buffet was first class. highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

May 19, 2013
We arrived Sunday morning around 10AM. Way before check-in, however, employee Rui at the front desk greeted us cheerfully and surprised us by having our room ready. What a lovely treat after a flight from NYC. We were shown to our room and given a tour of the touchpad controls, television in the bathroom mirror and the coffee/tea available in room.
Since we had a room credit with our package we decided on the club sandwich and chips from room service. our food arrived quickly and was rolled in on a table for two, very impressive. The food was wonderful, so good we ordered again on Monday for lunch in the car on the way to Lisdoonvarna!
I can honestly say every employee I encountered was professional, friendly and always offered a greeting. The young man, Michael who drove me into town for snacks waited curbside for me and told me about the area on the short drive. And Trish the concierge went out of her way to print directions for me before we left. The front desk staff made sure we knew all about the gardens next door, as well as the shops and café. We had planned to visit Glendalough from here but wandered too long at the gardens. It is a great location for seeing this part of Ireland.
Although this was my first stay with a Ritz Carlton it will certainly not be my last. Spectacular hotel, amazing employees, surrounding scenery that will take your breath away. I left feeling like a princess and didn't even mind that I had turned another year older on the night of my stay!
Well done Ritz!! You got it ALL right!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Shauna P
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 4 times in the last 8 months.

First time was for my boyfriends birthday and I emailed to say could a cake be made for it , I didn't receive any prices or any information so I thought they didn't have enough time. That night we got knock on door and cake came - was lovely with all the things I wanted on I also fresh cream!!! I called reception to see if I was being charged for it and said it was free. I thought that was just lovely and our best time there.

Second and third was lovely to - third time I used spa and had excellent massage and wrap.

This whole place is amazing : spa , restaurant , afternoon tea , grounds. It has it all for a price I don't think is too expensive! The only thing I can say is: if you want to mainly be in Dublin city maybe not best hotel for this. But for me its worth it all the time!

Will be back soon !

1 Thank francescaf218
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've been to several Ritz Carltons and all are in a beautiful location. This property is no exception. To get to it you drive through a tiny little town, and up a very scenic drive. The exterior of this hotel is not what you would expect. But once you get inside, it's just beautiful. It was built in 2007, but looks like it was built in the early 1900s. It was just very beautifully built and decorated.
The entire staff from reception, concierge, to the wait staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. All are helpful to give you directions, recommendations or any assitance they can give you.

The property of this hotel is beautiful and makes you feel like you are out in the very remote Irish country side though it's a very short 25 minute drive to Dublin.

The only negative I can you this hotel is that there is no club level like many marriots. Breakfast is not included and though it's good, it doesn't knock your socks off. The eggs in the UK are served very undercooked for American standards but the price of the breakfast does include eggs cooked to your liking without further charge-you just ask your waiter.

I would return to this property without hesitation. Kate at reception was exceptionally helpful and friendly and extended our stay by 1 night even though they were very full. It made our trip! There are many beautiful hotels in the world, but it's service like this that make the Ritz-Carlton world class.

Room Tip: Getting a room near the balcony is neat and provides a good view but the light on the balcony can...