“Awesome”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Really an awesome hotel! If you are looking for a great hotel experience, this is the place to go! Its not Dublin City City Center, but by car you need approx. 30 minutes to get there! And the hotel itself has all you new, great view, nice bar and spa-area! Not for partying but for having a chill-out and resting after a hard day of golf nearby ;-)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jens F
There are newer reviews for Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful property and I try to stay in it every time I go back to Ireland for holiday. I am confident they have the best hotel bedrooms in Ireland. The scenery is also lovely. I would advice getting a mountain view room.
We had a very relaxing one night mini break and had a tremendous sleep. This was my shortest stay at the hotel. I have stayed up to a week before.
I am hoping in our one day that we got unlucky with a few things - mainly service and the cleanliness of the property - on the latter Ive no doubt I'm more pernickity then most and would have a military housekeeper if I could!
Service first. When I pulled up there was no one to help me with my luggage out of the car ( I arrived before my hubby), service in the sugar loaf bar was poor I'd to ask for a proseco twice and for condiments three times!! There was no one at the spa when I Checked out. (anOther note the girl who did my treatment was lovely but i don't know if I didn't rate her massage or the treatment itself - I was on and out of the shower twice and found it all very cold and not great). I asked for water at breakfast and was pointed to the buffet table to help myself which isn't a crime in service terms but it isnt the ritz 'my pleasure'.
I found the table by my bed very dusty and didn't look like it had being cleaned for a while. I thought the steam room in the spa was very dirty - the main area
For steaming by the pool was closed for new parts so maybe the spa one was being over used.
Anyway despite this I will go back and I'm hopeful this was a blip in what has otherwise being an excellent experience every other time.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We got time off from our twins and booked a holiday in Ireland. A few years back we stayed at Ritz-Carton in Doha and we booked in two nights at Powerscourt since we enjoyed our stay in Quatar so much.

I was quite excited to enter the hotel, and it was as luxurious as I had hoped for. We had not booked any dinner reservations and was told that the Gordon Ramsay restaurant was very popular and we decided to have dinner the first night in the lobby restaurant and day two in the more exclusive one. On the other hand, we had booked spa treatments for the morning after with a lunch in the spa.

The room, a suite with mountain view was enourmous, had a nice livingroom with a desk, sofa and a dining table. It was a large balcony with a nice view to a nearby mountain in the Wicklow mountains. A small toilet, a room for our baggage and a nice bedroom with a huge bed and a very nice bathroom with a tv in the mirror, a nice shower and bathtub. I must say that I would not preferred to have this type of interior design at home, but in a hotel like this, it was just what I had dreamed about.

Our first dinner was in the lobby area, a well composed menu of reasonally priced dishes, we ordered our food which was just superb and our waitress did her job well. The next day we had a spa suite with a two hour treatment and was enjoying the private jacuzzi before we had a very nice lunch. I would recommend you to download the Ritz-Carlton app - because you get some nice offers, some including longer treatments in the spa. The lunch was just 19 euro each and a very nice concept with four small dishes in a box.

The meal at Gordon Ramsay was unbelievable. We chose the tasting menu at approx 89 euro per person and 50 euro for a supplementing wine menu. The meal consisted of 8 dishes and they were so fresh, tasty and exclusive. I recommend that you consider this as an option, it is not usually this cheap to dine in such nice ambience with food of this calibre. I left a well deserved tip to the staff.

I agree with a few reviewers that the breakfast is nice, but not extraordinary - and I would look into that if I was the manager of the hotel. I think it is just a little extra effort that is needed to match the guests expectations. But, you get an Irish breakfast, and I have eaten those in other hotels and it would not compare to this.

The pub is quite nice, it does not have the same autentic style as a pub that you find all over Ireland - but is was live music and we enjoyed our drinks from a friendly staff.

So - if you a looking for a luxury treat, book a nice room at this hotel, it is really worth the investment. I am actually quite surprised at the few reviews from people not being satisfied. I believe that if you book a hotelrom at The Ritz Carlton, expect a bill that matches the place, and have an open mind about the stay, and you will have a stay of a lifetime.

Room Tip: 616 is excellent!
2  Thank Montgomery1974
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Set in one of the most beautiful areas in Ireland is this incredibly decadent hotel. It almost doesn't feel right. The hotel is beautiful. The technology is incredible. However, I don't need a button to close my curtains-i don't have it at home and I don't need it at a hotel. The bathroom with the TV inset in the mirror! I wish they put as much effort into their service. The front desk staff and bellboys were great BUT the "pub" service was abysmal! Not only were they slow, they were not at all friendly. This was such a difference for us coming from some smaller hotels where the service was superb. I have also had better choice of "pub" food. I was ready to overlook the horrible service-even though the Pub WAS not busy BUT breakfast the next morning was pretty much the same. My husband waited over 30 minutes for his pancakes ordered off the menu. I was a little surprised to see that the Gordon Ramsey's restaurant was turned into the buffet breakfast spot-with a sign covering the Gordon Ramsey's Powercourt Restaurant. Shame on Gordon Ramsey-all his blustering about having top restaurants and how beautiful they need to be-this place was nothing spectacular. In any case-buffet breakfast at the Ritz Carlton was nothing special-we had better at our other stays. The place is beautiful-just not what Ireland is and if that's what you want then you will be amazed and awestruck by this hotel. It may be a nice place for people in Ireland to vacation, but if you are going to Ireland to experience the culture, this is NOT the place for you. Actually I found this place and the Four Seasons in Dublin to be spectacular hotels-stuffy, glitzy and not the place for me.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved our stay at The Ritz Carlton Powerscourt! The rooms and views are absolutely stunning with breathtaking views. The rooms are very large, beautiful and have huge decks. We had a wonderful time sitting out on the deck with a glass of wine in hand.

We loved McGills Pub! Ian, the bartender, made the BEST Lemon Drop Martinis. The beer was great also & my husband loved the cigars that were available. We also really enjoyed the food here. The vegetable lasagna was fabulous & we also enjoyed the onion rings and BLT sandwich.

Trish, the concierge, was excellent. She helped us rent 2 bikes and gave us passes to the river walk path....which we really enjoyed....a must for staying here.

We also enjoyed the Powerscourt Gardens...a definite must see while you are here. We had lunch at Enniskerry one day, but really enjoyed the food at the Ritz much better.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked this hotel as I was proposing to my girlfriend and wanted to make it a memorable occasion. Within a few days of making my reservation (which included a Deluxe Room, The Gordan Ramsay Experience and Buffet Breakfast) I was contacted by the Restaurant to choose a time for our meal. I mentioned that I would be proposing to my girlfriend earlier in the day and was there anything we could do to make the occasion extra special. Very kindly we were offered the Chef’s table which I refused on the basis that it looked more suitable to a large group. I was also offered rose petals to be placed on the table, a bottle of champagne along with a congratulations plate after desert. This was perfect!

We checked in a short while after getting engaged over lunch. Living just a short distance away we have never been into the hotel but immediately on entrance it was stunning. Going through the usual check in process the concierge enquired as to our plans for the day, I mentioned that we had just gotten engaged and would be celebrating for the rest of the afternoon, after a congratulations we were guided to our room by one of the bellboys who proceeded to show us where the Sugar Loaf lounge was located, the location of the bar, restaurant etc. He also gave us a quick tour of the room. The room itself was amazing. So large and well decorated this was already proving to have been an excellent choice for such an important day.

Suitably impressed and after making our necessary calls to family and friends we wandered down to the lounge to meet a few people for coffee. On our return to the room we were greeted by a surprise plate of five chocolates with a note from the concierge again congratulating us on our engagement. What a nice touch and we were very impressed. Taking the afternoon to relax we began getting ready for our meal at the Gordan Ramsay Restaurant. I love my food and had been looking forward to this experience since making the booking 6 weeks earlier. While getting dressed the door bell chimed, a bellboy stood before us with a little gift hamper and another card, who from this time? The restaurant manager had sent us the hamper containing 3 macaroons and a note to say how much he was looking forward to welcoming us to the restaurant that evening!

Already excited we decided to have a quick pre dinner drink in McGill’s Bar. On our arrival for dinner the Maitre D welcomed us and offered her congratulations on our engagement, something we were not tiring of on the day. Our table was by the window overlooking the gardens with a view of the Sugar Loaf in the distance. Glad I chose this table over the chef’s table as it was so intimate and with the rose petals adorning the table was extra special. Our champagne was brought shortly after and was delicious, It turned into the bottle that kept on giving during the evening meal. Fabio, the restaurant manager came to greet us once we had made our choice from the menu. We were feeling like the most important people in the hotel already and this was an added bonus.

The food was nothing short of amazing! The bread, the starters, the main courses, the desserts, the liquors – all stunning and will be hard to beat as the best dining experience either of us have experienced. The atmosphere and intimate feel was perfect. Feeling emotionally drained after the day we had to retire early for the evening.

The following morning we both woke early feeling refreshed and peck-ish for breakfast. This time in the Sugar Loaf Lounge. Taking a quick shower and look through the morning paper we made our way for the buffet breakfast. This again was ideal as we are both people who like to sample and sample we did, from full Irish breakfast, to Danish pastries, to fruit and granola we enjoyed a delicious breakfast but all the while coming to the realisation that our time in this stunning hotel was creeping closer to an end.

We will definitely return, maybe to celebrate our anniversary or to pick up a wedding brochure. It was the added touches that I had no part in planning that made this experience so special and memorable and neither of us will forget it.

2  Thank James L
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The quality of the hotel, the excellence of the staff and the sheer luxury of RItz Carlton Powerscourt never fail to amaze me. We have stayed here on several occasions with our small children and always feel refreshed, recharged and as though our short stay should never end.

The staff never cease to go that extra step to accommodate any request.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
The Westbury
The Westbury
#7 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!