“Best Staff in the World”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is without a doubt the loveliest in all of Ireland. You will be greeted by Krys at the front door and thus your journey of a thousand smiles begins. His pleasant demeanor is so refreshing and a great way to begin and end your days while enjoying this luxurious hotel. Benoit always makes our stay such a delightful experience and sees to it that we have not only a beautiful room but all the comforts of home. Both he and Krys seem to treat each guest as though they were the only guests staying there. The staff at the Ritz Powerscourt is what makes them a 5 star hotel and keeps the guests returning time and again. The rooms are incredibly spacious with all the amenities one could ask for. Enniskerry is a charming little town with a very lovely antique store and several small restaurants. The people in the town are equally charming. This is our fourth visit from the states. What more can we say!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rbdNY
There are newer reviews for Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and the service was impeccable. We were able to check in early and were surprised to receive a wonderful upgraded room. The rooms were spacious with wifi and all the amenities you would expect for this level of hotel. We felt spoiled by the tv inside the mirror in the bathroom.

The staff was very helpful, especially the concierge. She set up a bus tour, planned scenic walking routes, gave us water for our trip and even had a car ready to pick us up in town after a long day of sight seeing.

Take advantage of the breakfast included with your stay, it's fabulous! Everything was fresh and delicious, I think I tried everything over the course of our 3 day stay. If you're lucky the weather will cooperate and you can have your breakfast out on the patio with a view of the hills in the distance and the hotel water fountain just below you.

Food-wise our only lackluster review would be for the McGills bar. We ate there one night and it was just okay. It was not on the same level as everything else at the hotel.

A short walking distance away is the Powerscourt House and Gardens. Definitely worth a visit while you are right next door. There are shops within the house including a well appointed cafe and an Avoca store.

For those that like walking, do the River Walk, just past Powerscourt Gardens. It's paved (unless you wander off on one of the side trails that run along the water) and the many extremely old, large trees are a sight to see. If you want to picnic or have a place to sit, plan on taking the right side tour when going down the main path, it has picnic tables along the trail.

Tips: let the hotel call for your taxi into Dublin. They have a set flat rate and it's very reasonable. Also, there are great package deals available on their website, some giving you a free day if you stay a certain amount of time.

1  Thank Slipsa
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was my second visit to this particular hotel. It is close enough to dublin to enjoy what the city has to offer whilst being situated in a beautiful estate.

The rooms are very well appointed, with up to date technology and free wi-fi.

The bathroom is one of my favourites out of any hotel I have stayed.

The choice for dining of course includes a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. The food was beautiful, flavours exceptional. Having visited a number of Gordon Ramsey restaurants it is what you would expect. The service however was not up to the standard I have seen before or would expect at this end of the dining market.

Overall, an excellent hotel which i can highly recommend.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We elected to spend our arrival and next night here to decompress, enjoy Spa and prepare to for 8 days of driving from place-to-place. (We had both previously visited Dublin) Super-comfortable and spacious rooms with top quality baths as expected at Ritz-Carlton. McGill's Pub food was extremely good on two occasions. Our choice not to eat breakfast or at Gordon Ramsey but rather preferred going down into Enniskerry small restaurants. Enjoyed our stay but you have to understand this particular hotel's location and your reasoning to stay here. Lovely walks along Powerscourt Avenue. Nice day trip to Glendalough Monastic ruins or back into Dublin.

1  Thank PlannerK
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, booked a standard room but I think we got upgraded on arrival, the bedroom was amazing!! Very big room with large balcony and a glass wall. this hotel has all the mod cons, tv in bathroom, electric curtains, everything you could want. the grounds of the hotel were spectacular, def recommend going to the Powerscourt gardens. The only negative comment I have is I would like there to be more basic food choices on the lobby menu such as toasted sandwiches, etc. I did get for a toasted sandwich as it was available on the kids menu but I felt it wasn't up to five star standards, it wasnt very tasty and pretty basic. Also I would like if there was another restaurant in the hotel besides Gordon ramsays, you certainly couldn't afford to eat in it every night if you were staying for a week. That said, the bar food in the hotel was gorgeous, with a great atmosphere and fair prices. ( I was charged something like €4 when I asked for some coleslaw though which I thought was a bit steep, wouldn't really expect to be charged for this in other five star hotels). Breakfast was nice but I was very disappointed at having to make my own toast and be told I'd have to pay if I ordered waffles or pancakes even though my breakfast was included in my room rate. Otherwise my stay was fantastic, hotel was spotless and there is loads to do nearby- the waterfall, Johnny foxes, avoca, etc. Will return soon hopefully.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Zaffy27
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from a gifted weekend break in this hotel, and from moment we drove through the entrance we were wowed by everything. The amazing facade of the hotel, the grounds, the foyer, the attentative, gracious and obliging staff all continued the wonderful experience. We were upgraded to a suite with an incredible view over the waterfall in the grounds and the mountains. As the olympics were very important to us, it helped to have 3 screens on which to view races. We dined in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant on Saturday night, dining out can be a problem for me as I'm coeliac but all of the staff were very aware and ensured that my dining experience was just as amazing as that of my husband. McGills Bar had a great atmosphere for pre dinner drinks and also served reasonably priced food! We toured the grounds and the lovely garden centre and bought some lovely plants to remind us of the great weekend. Enniskerry is a picturesque village, with great quirky boutiques, gift shops and lovely restaurants. Well worth a visit. We cant wait to return. Carole Walsh

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Sugarloaf mountain or the waterfeature have a great aspect.
1  Thank CaroleWalsh
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a wonderful week touring County Wicklow, visiting Sally Gap and relaxing. The concierge desk took great care of us. Many thanks to Robbie, Trish and Daniel!

The adjacent Powerscourt gardens are quite spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Cheswilson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
The Westbury
The Westbury
#6 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!