“Fantastic”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Well designed spacious hotel in a lovely location. Very relaxing. Great pool. The Gordon Ramsay restaurant serves great food. Our only criticism was there was too much salt used to season it. We booked a corner suite which was a bit more expensive but well worth it. Staff and service in this hotel are also impeccable. Note however this is not in Dublin but is a country hotel with access to great countryside, gardens, golf etc.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite. Rooms with Sugarloaf view are brighter.
1  Thank PaulSreenan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here last weekend with my wife and we were looking forward to a relaxing few days.
Very good welcome upon arrival followed by a smooth checkin and excellent room. All as expected from the Ritz.

Disappointment crept in at afternoon tea stage. We expected a lot more considering the price of €35. 4 measly sandwiches and 2 scones does not represent value in afternoon tea. As "experts" in the area we suggest the Four Seasons for a real afternoon tea experience. We never mind paying top dollar as long as it represents value and this afternoon tea did not. Service etc was very good throughout.

Next annoyance came when we visited the pool area. It was full of kids. We know they are entitled to be there but there was just so many of them, it was so noisy and you couldn't swim from one end of the pool to the other without a child gettng in the way. A relaxing hour in the pool was replaced by a 5 minute swim followed by a quick exit. Grrrrrr....

All in all we enjoyed our break but ultimately wouldn't return due to our two negative experiences highlighted above.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank colw08
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Myself and my partner recieved vouchers for here, so booked in for a one night stay with three course b&b. It was a lovely stay - very nice food in the relaxed sugar loaf restaurant (within the lobby), both dinner and breakfast was here and the food was very good. The bedrooms are great - very spacious with all mod-cons and very comfortable beds. Have had treatments in the spa before which are over-priced, so didnt have any this time. It is such a pity that children are allowed use the pool area in the spa - being indoor with low ceiling the accoustics are loud and you cannot relax if children are playing in the pool. Perhaps a seperate pool away from the spa? It is worth asking for the pass for the private access river walk - really lovely walk within the grounds. Overall this was a nice treat, but could get nice as nice food and service for half the price elsewhere.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. The stay was a gift from our children. Fabulous hotel. Were upgraded to a suite which was magnificent. Staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful and attentive. Dinner in Gordon Ramsay Restaurant was outstanding.
Highly recommend and will be back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms at front overlook car park. Rooms at rere have wonderful views.
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The location is wonderful, the food is outstanding. The rooms are large, spacious and perfect. I had a mountain view suite, which really is just a view of the back lawn. I was on the 4th floor and yes, I saw the tiny tip of the Sugarloaf Mountain. The girl at the front desk (Pamela) told me if I was up on the top floor I would get a slightly better view of the mountain. The other suite option (not mountainview) looks at the parking lot. So “mountain view” was worth the extra cost. I visited Powerscourt House which was quite lovely. My only issue with this Ritz Carlton was the service was not up to par for a Ritz. The front desk girl (Pamela) was the only person during my entire stay who lived up to the Ritz Carlton name. Otherwise, the service was horrible. It is a great hotel to stay at for the room and the ambiance, but if you are there for service and to be treated well, you are not going to get that at this hotel. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant staff had an attitude of indifference. It is not a world class service hotel. Next time I will stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin.

Room Tip: Choose a Mountain View room. Otherwise, all rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Myself and my fiance stayed in this hotel at the start of February 2012, paid for by my sister as our engagement present.
We picked the Gordon Ramsey dining experience package and stayed for one night.
Our room was upgraded on our arrival as we had mentioned we were recently engaged.
The journey from Belfast was quick and easy. The hotel was stunning. We were delighted with it. My better half took himself across the road (literally a three minute walk) for golf which included a full irish breakfast (served at whatever time suits you).This cost 47 euro if booked directly from the hotel and he says it was one of the best courses he has ever played at. He has played a lotta golf courses.
Although we were early to arrive and our room wasn't ready until 1500 hrs, staff took me down to the spa where I was provided with everything, bathrobes, towels etc.
The pool and the hammam are amazing, apart from having to stifle my yawns listening to the pathetic conversations of the obviously very well to do members who were using the facilities.
It was all really relaxing. I decided not to use the spa due to their extortionate prices...and instead went on google before hand to find someone cheaper and local. BIG MISTAKE! I think I could have rubbed my own back better and I really don't think it was dermalogica stuff she used on my face...I didn't recognise the smell. So that was the biggest let down..but all my own fault. The hotel never suggested I use this girl. Her name was Sinead. Sorry Sinead, but my 11 year old brother could have done better.
Returning to the hotel I checked out my room!
SIXTH FLOOR HAS BALCONIES! Perfect for smokers. Our room was the biggest and best we have ever stayed in. We couldn't get over the TV built into the mirror in the bathroom.

The rooms have everything, I know you usually get mini shampoos and conditioners but they gave you mouthwash, nail set, lip balm etc. It was greaT!Staff brought up a bucket of ice for us also, and we had brought ourselves a bottle of wine wuth us to help keep within budget!

Dinner really was the best part. We arrived at the GR Ramsey and were met by two waiters. Fabio was the wine guy. He was really charming, brought us into the wine storage and actually allowed slippy fingers me to handle bottles of wine worth more than my monthly wage. He didn't make us feel silly by ordering reasonably priced wines and the food was so gorgeous I hadn't realised I was making Mmm noises whilst eating my desert until my fiance pointed it out to me. Haha! The restaurant is simply decorated and pretty. Service was the best we have ever had...same goes for the food.
The chef sent us out his recipe for the Bernaise sauce after we complimented him on it, and out waiter George brought us on a tour of the kitchens after we had finished our meal. George was probably the best and most informed waiter I have ever met, and gave a full explanation of the dishes before we selected our choice. It was the most well deserved tip we have ever given.

We couldn't stop smiling and better still...when we arrived back at our room there were roses and rose petals on our bed.... We did a quick check to make sure we hadn't been billed for them (we hadnt). You can check your bill on their tv, free wifi.
The bath was gigantic..so we had a go in that! And the bed was so big that I lost him in the middle of the night but was too comfortable to continue rolling over towards him.

I'm so glad we got up for breakfast. The choice was massive! Fruits, yoghurts, salmon, cold meats, scones, pastries, bread rolls, james and full irish breakfast choices. I ate my body weight. It was immense. Once again the service was fabulous!

The only ATM in Inniskerry area is at Powerscourt House, 5 mins walk from the hotel in the private estate, take a left out of the hotel.
Plenty of parking. Super attentive staff. I would love to go back...so hopefully my sister will be generous again, becuase...I've had a week in Turkey for the money it cost for our room and our dinner.
Brilliant excuse to get dressed up and be good to ourselves.

Room Tip: Sixth floor, balconies, try and get a room upgrade!
5  Thank katie b
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had a perfect time in this hotel. The staff were SO friendly and helpful. If you visit this hotel you must visit The Powerscourt Gardens located in the same area as the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#7 of 150 in Dublin
The Marker Hotel
The Marker Hotel
#2 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!