From the moment we arrived my mother and I knew we chose the perfect place. Beautiful and serene with a classy, low-key elegance and an incredibly kind and helpful staff. Our week at the Ritz was as close as you can get to the perfect holiday. We stayed in the Mountain Suite-an elegant and comfortable space with a large all marble bath, large dressing room, living room area and separate bedroom. Our balcony outside was huge with breathtaking views. The concierge staff-Robbie and Kieran-never tired of us asking for thier opinion on where to visit in the area or where to eat, and printed off several directions to historic sites as we braved driving ourselves and rented a car (I recommend it! You get the hang of driving on the left after awhile and have the freedom to travel at will). Always smiling, relaxed and very funny, Robbie and Kieran truly seemed to enjoy what they do.
We spent a morning at the ESPA Spa together and loved the upbeat, energetic relaxed feel of it-not stuffy and overly hush-hush when you walk in. Once you are inside the treatment area of the spa, it melts into a calm and serene space. The experienced staff listened to our needs and were very kind and accomodating. Great way to spend a morning! Check out their amazing pool.
We crossed our fingers and made a reservation at Gordon Ramsay's restaraunt for a Thursday night after hearing questionable reviews. But happily, we weren't disappointed. The breast of duck was melt in your mouth, my mom ordered a watermelon salad that was unique and refreshing, the wine list is very good and our servers were charming. The total bill didn't make us keel over either-similar to high end restaurants in Seattle. My sons loved hearing that we ate at Ramsay's, his only restaurant in Ireland, after watching several of his shows : ) .
My parents are world travelers and my mom felt this was one of the best hotels she has visited, for it's beauty, great staff and service, and lovely rooms. I definitely agree! Can't wait to come back and share this with my husband and three boys! It was truly a little bit of heaven on earth.
Quick note: Ask for a pass to the River Walk-a beautiful, quiet and safe place for a long walk or run.
Also, be sure to have the hotel make a reservation for dinner at Emilia's in Enniskerry. A small, charming and very reasonably priced italian restaurant with yummy food. The Ritz will even drive you down to Emilia's and the restaurant will call the hotel when you are ready to be picked up.
And don't miss the Enniskerry antique shop, quirky and full of treasures. The owner is a gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection offers outstanding luxury among 5-star hotels in Wicklow, Ireland. We are set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, providing travellers with a a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and giving guests a host of amenities. At our hotel nestled in the hills of Enniskerry, 30 minutes from Dublin, you will find a spa, Powerscourt Golf Club, on-site restaurant and perfect accommodations offering easy access to rustic Enniskerry and all of County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow