I spent one night with my husband at this beautiful old house on the 27th April 2013. It was so so disappointing. We don't think we every stayed in a hotel that was so cold. The outside temperature was warmer than our room. The room was clean. However, there was a stale smell of cigarettes in the room. There was a stand alone heater in the room which didn't work. The water was cold. There was a tiny tv on a shelf and the wires were hanging down. The night staff did their best to assist us but the whole matter was out of their hands really. The owners of this establishment should be ashamed of themselves. The food in the hotel is lovely, there is a good ambience and the staff are great. This hotel will not stay open and it is so unfair to the people who are working here and taking a lot of unnecessary flack for proprietors who are just not taking heed!!! The General Manager is brilliant and is doing his utmost to keep the show on the road. 5 exclusive rooms at good value would be better than 12/14 rooms that you wouldn't put your family in!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Powerscourt Arms is an intimate country house that has been providing quality service since 1715. The character of this building lends to the charms which make Enniskerry so special. The Powerscourt Arms Country House is the perfect base for sightseeing and exploring all that Wicklow has to offer. The Country House boasts 11 well-appointed en-suite bedrooms. Delicious home-cooked food served daily using only the best of local produce. Country breakfast, lunch & extensive evening menu with blackboard specials is served daily in the cosiness of the lounge. The Powerscourt Suite located off the lounge is the ideal venue for group and private bookings where you can enjoy our home-cooked cuisine. The Bistro, Enniskerry an intimate, elegant & relaxing venue where our menus are full of classic bistro dishes and our daily blackboard specials allow the kitchen to create a continental style cuisine. Mac's Bar, a traditional Irish bar in the heart of Enniskerry village loved by locals & visitors alike. Our pub is the perfect place to experience true village life with a great atmosphere and personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Powerscourt Arms Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Hotel Enniskerry
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Ireland/Enniskerry, County Wicklow