All reviews rainforest spa wedding reception wedding venue enniskerry village drawing room powerscourt gardens lovely location food was lovely old world charm beef scones wicklow mountains ireland fires
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Excellent value for money. I booked for a group and i contacted the hotel quite a lot to make changes. It was never a problem. The hotel is lovely, away from it all, yet close to Dublin. The grounds are great for a stroll and not far from the beautiful village. Hotel packages are excellent value for money. The Rainforest Spa is a real treat. Food is delicious. Bedrooms are very spacious and clean. I recommend 100%

Room tip: book a package which includes meals and spa treatment. Excellent value for money
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2017

I read some reviews on here after I booked myself and my partner into the hotel for one night for a spa package with dinner, breakfast and massages. Some of the reviews criticised the décor in the hotel and the cleanliness, I am unsure if anything was changed before we arrived but I can honestly say this hotel was like a breath of fresh air as soon as we drove up to it. The grounds are picturesque and offer great photo opportunities, the hotel itself is beautifully well kept and the team at reception and dinner were very friendly, approachable and helpful. Overall we loved everything about this hotel. Delicious food, comfortable bed and super efficient staff. The only negative is that the room we stayed in was certainly not soundproofed and there was a fair bit of noise going on around 3am - 4am outside our room in the corridor (Although you could not hear a peep when music was played in the bar, which was nice) as I wasn't up early the next morning I didn't mind too much but it did wake my partner. Overall with some soundproofing this hotel could be perfect.

Room tip: Ask for a sound proofed room or one in the quietest part of the hotel
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

This hotel meets all the requirements for a night. There are limited facilities at the hotel but honestly for me it was a crash pad so was adequate. I can't fault the helpfulness and the service of the staff.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2017

I could not be more impressed with the team at the Summerhill House Hotel.
Ludo, Emma, and all of the team went above and beyond to make our wedding an incredible experience, at an incredibly reasonable price.
I have attended a number of weddings in "premium" venues, and have been unimpressed by almost every one. My wife and I enjoyed every minute from the initial planning to the big day. Each of our guests had a wonderful time, and many commented that the Hotel was a huge contributing factor.
Every detail and every request was facilitated, and the team really took all the stress out of planning a wedding.
Ludo has done an incredible job of renovating and modernising the hotel while maintaining it's homely feel.
The entrance, drawing room, and the function room were all particularly stunning.
Asides from the beautiful property, and its many facilities, each and every staff member made the entire process hugely enjoyable.
Emma co-ordinated the wedding for us, and really made the day as special as it was. We cannot thank her enough.

I wish these guys all the success they deserve for the future.
A truly Wonderful team, in a truly beautiful hotel.

Room tip: Rooms in main house are ideal for couples, etc. Townhouses out the back are ideal for families and groups of friends.
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2017

Summerhill House Hotel is in a lovely location, the Hotel has some very nice qualities, however it's disappointing that the hotel does not serve food after 9pm not even bar snacks. The wifi is a bit hit and miss and is unavailable in many areas.

Room tip: Check if wifi is available, no food served after 9pm.
1  Thank PaullineCatherine