“Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
“Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We just had our wedding at the hotel and it was amazing. It truly was down to the wedding co-oridinator and all the staff at Summer Hill. The planning & professionalism of
all the staff was super.
All our friends and family are still talking about how lovely & kind the
staff were , how amazing the food ( canepe, dinner & afters) was & how the wedding room looked fantastic.
Not only was the day fabulous, the build up was a breeze down to how
flexible the hotel were, on food , decorations & how we wanted the garden to look ( we had a outside ceremony) I can honestly say , the wedding wouldn't have been
the same if it was in a different venue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello we are absolutely delighted to hear you both enjoyed your wedding so much as it is so important to us that every wedding at the hotel does so. We are delighted to wish you both a long and happy marriage together.

Enniskerry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Athlone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

From the moment my wife & I arrived at the reception until we departed we had nothing but the height of praise for management and staff who still consider the old fashion maxim that the customer is king. The bedroom was well laid out and very clean. Anything we asked for was dealt with straight away with the minimum of fuss. As a chef I have to give a special mention to the head chef and his team who served excellent fare and the breakfast was to die for. Food was replenished at regular intervals which meant rashers etc being freshly grilled. Of course every good chef depends on good waiting staff and this they had in abundance with very mannerly and presentable serving staff. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your excellent review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay from dining to staff friendliness and certainly hope we see you again in the future.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here as part of a large golfing group. The hotel is old world style, even some of the guests appear to fit in well with this image. Rooms and reception are quite old fashioned but staff are very friendly. Some minor problems we had were very well dealt with by the staff. The function meal we had was very good quality although breakfast was pretty routine; nothing special. Overall we had an enjoyable stay in this very beautiful scenic area. Our group stay rate of €60 per person sharing was good value for the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

thank you for your review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and were looked after well, we are a country house hotel and that certainly is the ambience we set as it suits the hotel well and its surrounds.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place for a wedding . We stayed here as part of a wedding party on the 26th April 2013.
We presumed we couldn't check in until 3pm but when we arrive at 2 rooms were available for check-in. We were originally booked into the coach house but were upgraded to the main hotel.
The staff at reception were very helpful.The staff through the hotel very polite and mannerly . The function room was well laid out . Service at the bar was very quick. The grounds are beautiful and great for wedding photos. Yes I would recommend this venue for a wedding .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello thank you for your review on your recent stay and the wedding you attended I am very pleased you enjoyed your experience at the Summerhill House Hotel and we thank you for your recommendation which we very much appreciate. I certainly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel for a very special birthday occasion.
To say we were disappointed and let down is an understatement. I have stayed in the hotel before and enjoyed the stay hence booking in again. However this time was a very different experience.
To begin I booked the hotel and spa treatments together on the hotel's website. Typically when something went wrong with the spa treatments the hotel was very quick to deny any association with the spa.
To begin I had booked a twin and a double room, there was no record of this and I had to explain where I had requested this to the receptionist.
Our treatments were all booked for 5pm, so we went to the spa at 4pm, the robes were very old and no slippers were offered.
There was no toilet paper in the bathroom.
The hot tub outside was freezing and there was nobody around to discuss this or ask for help from.
The treatments at 5 began for 3 of the party while I sat waiting, at 5.15 I was told it would be another 15 minutes.
We had booked dinner for 7.30pm so this delayed everything. One of the treatments was only half given, the eye treatment was forgotten about until we asked about it.
They were very disorganised. If the hotel has nothing to do with the spa, I wonder why it is on their grounds and why exactly they encourage booking through them directly.
The dining room was understaffed and very busy. Little things like no spoons with tea/coffee was very irritating.
The entire night's sleep was very broken as the bedroom door banged everytime any other door closed. In the middle of the night I actually got up to the door because it sounded as if someone was knocking on our door.
There was a wedding on this particular weekend and I feel that we were not looked after as well as we should have been.
I booked and paid for courtyard rooms and we did not stay in these rooms.
The next day at checkout I was given a bill that included the extra price of 4 dinners that I had already paid for.
As I said, this break was booked as a birthday treat, I was embarrassed that this is what we had arranged as the surprise. It was very upsetting overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello, we are so disappointed you did not enjoy your stay fully especially as it was a special occasion for you. The spa is run independently to the hotel and we work in partnership with them in the provision of spa breaks. If you could contact us directly and ask for Orla Coogan we would be happy to discuss the issues you raised as we would certainly have wanted you to enjoy a much better stay the you did.

Enniskerry

Travelers are raving about these Enniskerry hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed on the 26th and 27th of April 2013 for my brothers wedding.
Myself, wife and 3 kids.
The family room was large and located behind reception, so the kids we're always close to their room
The staff bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and needed nothing.
Even the youngest of our kids were made to feel a guest in their own right,instead of the child of a guest.
My 11 Year old son is a fussy eater, yet he still licked his plates clean every time
At the reception, it was well staffed and they kept coming out asking if anyone wanted more of the beautiful food
The grounds are beautiful and it's so relaxing just sitting in the garden opposite the main door
In less than half an hour drive. You can visit enniskerry village powerscourt gardens and waterfall and Glendalough
I'll definitely be back again
I really can't do justice to just how good this hotel is

• Stayed April 2013
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review its always wonderful to hear a guest enjoyed their stay so much especially a family and I am delighted we were able to look after you and your family so well. Delighted to also hear the wedding reception was a great success and also that you found our family rooms spacious and comfortable. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was also with the group from the below review on Easter Sunday. I was one of the first to arrive and be greeting by very rude staff. We had phoned in advance to advise we would be 20min late and could not understand why this was an issue as we were the ONLY booking in the restaurant. As the set menu was the only option due to the “busy” day and with the staff being rude and inflexible, we went to Druids Glen where all 11 adults and 4 kids had a lovely meal and enjoyed the great atmosphere and friendly staff. I would highly recommend Druids Glen for anyone visiting the area. Maybe Summerhill House Hotel will think twice before turning away approx €400 worth of business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HelenStrandwood, Public Relations Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello, as answered in the previous review we did explain we were unable to accommodate the particular requests of your dining party as our restaurant was fully booked and your party having arrived late then did not wish to avail of the Table d'Hote menu available. We apologised for this on the day and certainly do so again for any inconvenience and upset caused.

Kind regards

Enniskerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Glenview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
Esplanade Hotel
Esplanade Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bray

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!